The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

New College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

i read somewhere that new takes maybe the most english students, is this true? and what are the tutors like? intimidating?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
jamieraser
i read somewhere that new takes maybe the most english students, is this true? and what are the tutors like? intimidating?

Not according to this table. And I can't really comment on the tutors. My friends seem to like them. :smile:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/document.rm?id=1033
Reply 122
New College rocks.
Stop lurking at the bottom of the pile.

Also, the main reason i'm applying for New is so i can walk up that random hill in the grounds :sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anyone received any information regarding 2011 entry from New?
Reply 125
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Has anyone received any information regarding 2011 entry from New?

Nope.
Finally got an acknowledgement from New,
Reply 127
Finally got an acknowledgement from New,

Same :biggrin:
Original post by Noble.
Same :biggrin:

haha , it's about time..i'm a bit concerned though..my interviews at Ox and Imp might clash.
Reply 129
haha , it's about time..i'm a bit concerned though..my interviews at Ox and Imp might clash.

Have you received an interview from Imperial?
Original post by Noble.
Have you received an interview from Imperial?

Yeah they sent me an invitation on Monday, they said it's optional to attend and I wasn't going to attend but everyone i spoke told me it's more for my sake than theirs etc and that it would be good for me to see the dept etc.
Reply 131
Yeah they sent me an invitation on Monday, they said it's optional to attend and I wasn't going to attend but everyone i spoke told me it's more for my sake than theirs etc and that it would be good for me to see the dept etc.

Ah right, we're having two conversations in two threads if you've noticed. :biggrin:

If the worst comes to the worst, you just won't be able to attend the Imperial interview, they shouldn't hold it against you. But as you say, it's more for your benefit.
Reply 132
Apparently New are sending out invites to those applying for arts and social sciences today

http://www.new.ox.ac.uk/information-for-undergraduate-applicants
I got an invitation to an interview from New for history...eep. scary times. any historians care to give me any advice? :biggrin:
Quote from the New College site:

By end of Fri 3 Dec - Invitations for interviews for Sciences will be sent. Please don't panic if you haven't heard by Thur afternoon; we get decisions from different departments at different times, so invitations to interview get sent at different times, too.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 135
Quote form the New College site:

By end of Fri 3 Dec - Invitations for interviews for Sciences will be sent. Please don't panic if you haven't heard by Thur afternoon; we get decisions from different departments at different times, so invitations to interview get sent at different times, too.

Yep, I heard today. Interview 12th - 15th :smile:
Original post by Noble.

wow, i was hoping that that they would give a definite date after making us wait this long. If I get an email like that i'll have to let them know the 15th isn't good for me.
Original post by Noble.

congrats
Reply 138
wow, i was hoping that that they would give a definite date after making us wait this long. If I get an email like that i'll have to let them know the 15th isn't good for me.

No, that is the definite date. Mathematics applicants have to stay in Oxford for 4 days.
Original post by Noble.
No, that is the definite date. Mathematics applicants have to stay in Oxford for 4 days.

haha oic, well thats good to know, good luck btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending