The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Literature

How did everyone do on the poems and the chosen novella(i did jekyll + Mr Hyde) ?
Reply 1
I did Jekyll and Hyde as well. I was very happy with the extract question. Which one did you do?
Reply 2
I did Silas and Hardy
The poems confused me. Coz it's usually one question with the poem given and the other without
Does anyone know who the poem 'waiting In' by from the unseen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yupppp89
I did Silas and Hardy

I did too!!! Did you do the passaged based? If yoi did, what did you put in it?
Reply 6
Original post by Marcos2000
I did too!!! Did you do the passaged based? If yoi did, what did you put in it?

Yeah I did passage but I dont remember much of what a put in but my topic sentences were:
1. Description of Molly
2. The child
3. Opium

how do you think yours went?
Original post by yupppp89
Yeah I did passage but I dont remember much of what a put in but my topic sentences were:
1. Description of Molly
2. The child
3. Opium

how do you think yours went?

Umm, I found it quite hard actuakky but U put:

1. Contrast of Godfrey's two lives
2. Description of Molly
3. Fight between life and death (Molly)
4. Mixes Feelings toward Molly.

And what did you wirte down for the unseen poem
Reply 8
Original post by SWISH99
I did Jekyll and Hyde as well. I was very happy with the extract question. Which one did you do?

The Q20 about the relationship of hyde and jekyll
Reply 9
I did that too! What did you say for that?
Original post by MrTechGamer
The Q20 about the relationship of hyde and jekyll

nice one. That questions sounded hard.
I just said about utterson being imoprtant in representing jekyll + hyde , because he is very rational , so we trust him (Victorian Readers would think his normal conclusions would be correct) ,.He describes hyde as a trogdolyte , in contrast jekyll is smooth faced and good.Jekylls house is very good and shiney , but his dingy labaratory is where hyde lurks / beast within man.Then i talked about jekylls back door is where hyde gos out of , then i said about jekyll wanting to create hyde to do evil things without damaging his reputation , and that he wanted to think that hyde is completley different and that its ok to do bad things , but this is ironic because he IS hyde himself technically. I think all these j _ k questions are generic but , i probaly have missed a lot of points , because i had to do a page in 6 mins , (Because i wrote around 4-5 pages for the poem which i prob got A*) so i probs have B on the other question
Original post by Marcos2000
Umm, I found it quite hard actuakky but U put:

1. Contrast of Godfrey's two lives
2. Description of Molly
3. Fight between life and death (Molly)
4. Mixes Feelings toward Molly.

And what did you wirte down for the unseen poem

I did neutral tones and my p p were:

1.Nature
2. his reflection on love
3. his reflection on his relationship
Anyone doing Merchant of Venice tomorrow ?
Anyone doing All My Sons tomorrow?
Who found Merchant good ? The only problem was the lack of time , not letting me finish what i was going to say about the end of the trial. ( the second bit of the main bit)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending