The Student Room Group

distance learning or part time evening in a level chemistry?

Hi guys, I am trying to decide between enrolling onto an intense distance learning course in A-level Chemistry or enrolling onto a part time evening intensive course at college in A-level Chemistry as well? What do you think I should do and why do you think it's better?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
I'd go with the evening course. Chemistry is quite difficult to learn and actually being in a learning environment should help. :smile:
I am doing a distance learning course with Learn Now in A-level Chemistry and I must say it is much better than what I thought it would be.

I was worried at first as the price was very low compared to other distance learning providers, however the material seems to be very thorough and my tutor support is excellent.

Good luck x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by annie.bridges
I am doing a distance learning course with Learn Now in A-level Chemistry and I must say it is much better than what I thought it would be.

I was worried at first as the price was very low compared to other distance learning providers, however the material seems to be very thorough and my tutor support is excellent.

Good luck x

Thanks a lot :smile:. Are you familiar with any other of their courses like Maths?
Unfortunately I'm not as I am doing Chemistry and Biology only, however if the Maths course is structured the same as the other courses you should have no problems. x
Reply 6
Original post by annie.bridges
Unfortunately I'm not as I am doing Chemistry and Biology only, however if the Maths course is structured the same as the other courses you should have no problems. x

Just wondering how your exams went? I'm seriously considering distance learning Bio and Chem A level in order to apply for medicine. Currently in my final year of studying a humanities degree. Would you still recommend LearnNow?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Quick Reply

Latest