The Student Room Group

AQA geography tomorrow!! (Predictions)

Hi everyone,

I have my geography exam tomorrow and wondered what everyone thinks the 6/8 markers will be?

I'm studying the restless earth, water on the land and coasts but feel free to predict other topics to help others.

Also how is everyone revising? And how do you remember the case studies?!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
At this point I've just given up, I think I know all of the stuff but I just can't answer the questions in the way they want me to it's like they're trying to make us guess the mark scheme ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3332783

some people have made predictions there. Personally i learn the case studies by summarising them from my notes and then reciting the facts from memory every so often, so i've made a list of case studies with what i need to know about them which i keep with me, so like: 'TSUNAMI: place, year, cause, death toll, destruction (buildings), people displaced, impacts + responses'.
Reply 3
Original post by neon_reaper
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3332783

some people have made predictions there. Personally i learn the case studies by summarising them from my notes and then reciting the facts from memory every so often, so i've made a list of case studies with what i need to know about them which i keep with me, so like: 'TSUNAMI: place, year, cause, death toll, destruction (buildings), people displaced, impacts + responses'.

Thank you! I'll have a look, didn't realise someone had already made one. And thank you, I'll see if that help me. Good luck for tomorrow
Reply 4
Original post by .a.r.j.
At this point I've just given up, I think I know all of the stuff but I just can't answer the questions in the way they want me to it's like they're trying to make us guess the mark scheme ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel your pain!! Just keep trying, they sometimes accept answers as long as it is similar and shows understanding. Good luck for tomorrow, just try your best!
Original post by .a.r.j.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't give up
Reply 6
I'm actually feeling quite confident about that now, how do you all think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .a.r.j.
I'm actually feeling quite confident about that now, how do you all think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice paper!! Tectonics was easy part :biggrin:
BTW hope this links with this forum - AQA GCSE Geography today yeh?
Reply 8
Original post by kwstudent
Nice paper!! Tectonics was easy part :biggrin:
BTW hope this links with this forum - AQA GCSE Geography today yeh?

Yes it does :smile:

I found the tectonics quite easy but the coasts I found hard- might have something to do with the fact we wasn't even taught about conserving coastal habitats 😡
Reply 9
Original post by Hollie1903
Yes it does :smile:

I found the tectonics quite easy but the coasts I found hard- might have something to do with the fact we wasn't even taught about conserving coastal habitats 😡

Ahh cool, what's the other topic you did? I do tectonics, water on the land and ice on the land

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I did tectonics, water on the land and coasts. How did you find the water on the land questions?
Reply 11
Also what are you doing in the human geography paper? I'm doing tourism, urbanisation and population change
Reply 12
Does anyone do rocks, resources and scenery?? I'm curious at how that went

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did tectonics, water on the land and coasts. How did you find the water on the land questions?

i did the total same as u :smile:
yeah they were ok!!
There was no case study question did u notice???? or was i imagining!! as in for the coasts water on land one i thinkkk

it was a gud paper overall TBH..... coasts - for the last question - wot case study did u use?
(edited 8 years ago)
Also what are you doing in the human geography paper? I'm doing tourism, urbanisation and population change

yeah same as me :smile:
there the easy topics i reckon
Reply 15
i did the total same as u :smile:
yeah they were ok!!
There was no case study question did u notice???? or was i imagining!! as in for the coasts water on land one i thinkkk

it was a gud paper overall TBH..... coasts - for the last question - wot case study did u use?

I need to learn the human geography in the holidays,I'm can't remember any of it :/
Yeah you only had to learn like 3 anyway... I found the deficit and surplus one easiest. And for coasts I used studland bay, luckily I saw the page in the revision guide because we wasn't taught it. Don't think I've done very good on that question though I made it up haha wbu
I need to learn the human geography in the holidays,I'm can't remember any of it :/
Yeah you only had to learn like 3 anyway... I found the deficit and surplus one easiest. And for coasts I used studland bay, luckily I saw the page in the revision guide because we wasn't taught it. Don't think I've done very good on that question though I made it up haha wbu

aww - i find human easier sooooo

yeah was gud
Realy?? i cud only wirte 3 pointsf ro that 6 marker errkkk

i used Keyhaven salt marshes.....bet its wrong :s-smilie: waaa

tectonics 8 marker was the BEST - i had literally learnt allll the facts about Mt St helens soo was soo plzd to see that :biggrin:

Fairly good. What did you label on the waterfall?
aww - i find human easier sooooo

yeah was gud
Realy?? i cud only wirte 3 pointsf ro that 6 marker errkkk

i used Keyhaven salt marshes.....bet its wrong :s-smilie: waaa

tectonics 8 marker was the BEST - i had literally learnt allll the facts about Mt St helens soo was soo plzd to see that :biggrin:

Keyhaven marshes is correct
Going to be easy, I will get full marks and I haven't done a single minute of revision.

don't @ me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending