The Student Room Group

The TSR Jewish Society (J-Soc) - thread TWO

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Well, there's a reading list that contains lots of history books here, but being Jewish students doesn't make us experts on Jewish history. Google might have been a better bet than TSR.

True enough, true enough.
I was wondering if you guys could help with my research :cool:

Hey:smile: any 16-18 years olds in the UK please complete my attitude to religion survey to be in with a chance to win an £15 Amazon voucher.
http://goo.gl/forms/N9lhzBRWyA
was wondering how big is the Bristol jsoc, what stuff do they do like is there Friday night services and a minyan and around how many jews in Bristol are actually frum??
Hey everyone!

Sorry to disrupt the thread, I just wanted to let you all know that the J-SOC will be moving to a new home this afternoon! We have set up a Faith and Spirituality forum for religion societies and threads as the current location in the Debate forum isn't suitable for the support/social purpose of these threads.

The new forum sits in Life & Style and can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1205 and anyone attempting to troll/debate can now be redirected to the Religion forum in D&CA instead!

I hope you enjoy your new home! :h:
anyone still here?
Reply 2925
Original post by probably_sane
anyone still here?

I am
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Kathy89
I am

cool, are you jewish?
and if so, what denomination are you?
Reply 2927
cool, are you jewish?
and if so, what denomination are you?

A non-religious Ashkenazi.
Original post by Kathy89
A non-religious Ashkenazi.

interesting, i am a religious ashkenazi
are you non-religious because you grew up that way or because you changed later in life?
Reply 2929
interesting, i am a religious ashkenazi
are you non-religious because you grew up that way or because you changed later in life?

Well, I grew up in an atheist family, but I am not really an atheist. I believe there might be a higher entity but I don't believe this entity would care about us, or at least would care if we believe in them or not.... Therefore I say I'm non-religious but not atheist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending