The Student Room Group

Do you have a type?

It dawned on me recently that I 100% do. The only guy I've been in a serious relationship with and the only other guy I've been obsessed with long-term both had black hair, pale skin and blue eyes. And I don't really go in for celebrity crushes, but the only two I've really had in the last few years also have these features.

This post is a bit stupid, I don't know what I expect people to say :tongue: I just find it a bit odd when I consider myself as completely non-shallow and attracted to personality, then I realise the small group of people I've been seriously interested in match such a specific category. Especially when I'm looking back in retrospect and wasn't conscious of it at the time, and I was approached by both of those guys rather than going after them myself - again strange as there aren't loads of guys that meet that category and nor do I get approached by many guys.

Anyway else the same?

Scroll to see replies

Girls are shallow. Period. No matter what they try to say to defend themselves they do have a type and it's usually selected from a small clique of their male groupies. Girls always say 'oh i don't really have a type' of course they do. A girl that looks like Avril Lavigne or the singer from Paramore and listens to that type of music always goes for a guy who is like that too. You won't see them with a black guy who likes reggae music for example. A girl who likes blonde haired men usually their next few partners will be blonde, etc

I mean think about it, when was the last time you saw a skinny emo girl with loads of piercings and different colours in their hair go out with anyone who wasn't also like that as well? Girls are shallow and ignorant by nature and they most definitely DO have a type even though they claim they don't.

The hypocrisy and fake politeness of girls makes me sick!
No.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Girls are shallow. Period.

I mean who isn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JunkoR.
I mean who isn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Old people?

Girls are stupid though, they'll post all these philosophical quotes about how 'unique' they are and how they don't fit in with crowd when the reality is they are the most shallow and prejudiced creatures on earth and they cut off and ignore people at will. Plus they all follow what the other does on Instagram and stuff for attention, like posing in the same ways for pics. What's 'unique' about that?
No. I don't really have a type tbh. My current bf and exes look NOTHING alike. Some are not conventionally attractive in the slightest and some are freaking hotties. They usually have high cheekbones and expressive eyes though. Don't know why... And although I've always assumed height was a fairly big deal for me, only my current boyfriend is really tall. The rest were either average or... average.
Girls are shallow. Period. No matter what they try to say to defend themselves they do have a type and it's usually selected from a small clique of their male groupies.

I do not think you can generalize like that. It is not only girls that are shallow. And they do not always try to defend themselves.

It is true that everyone has a type, but it may not just be from their "male groupies" (The people they go for might not even be male!). If you are going to make a statement like that, consider the reality first. Everyone is shallow (whether they believe it or not.). People are just different types of shallow and some are more shallow than others. I admit to being shallow. But that does not mean I am a hypocrite.

I do agree you do not usually see people from one social group with someone from another but it is incorrect to generalize. And yes I do realise you said "usually" and not always. But I do not care statements like that always make me slightly annoyed! Especially this bit : "The hypocrisy and fake politeness of girls makes me sick!". Get over yourself. Everyone is hypocritical at times and guys are just as hypocritical just about other things.
Reply 7
Girls are shallow. Period. No matter what they try to say to defend themselves they do have a type and it's usually selected from a small clique of their male groupies. Girls always say 'oh i don't really have a type' of course they do. A girl that looks like Avril Lavigne or the singer from Paramore and listens to that type of music always goes for a guy who is like that too. You won't see them with a black guy who likes reggae music for example. A girl who likes blonde haired men usually their next few partners will be blonde, etc

I mean think about it, when was the last time you saw a skinny emo girl with loads of piercings and different colours in their hair go out with anyone who wasn't also like that as well? Girls are shallow and ignorant by nature and they most definitely DO have a type even though they claim they don't.

The hypocrisy and fake politeness of girls makes me sick!

Hmmm, see where you're coming from with the sentiment but don't understand how it is unique to girls....surely it is fairer to say that you just don't see a couple where one person is very obviously outwardly displaying their interest in a certain type of music (be it metal, punk, indie) and the other one is dressed plainly or 'normally'.
Reply 8
yep, black/very very dark brown hair, light skinned/slightly tanned, big hands, tall, dark eyes, slim build but not overly toned or muscular.

Never knew I had a type until I just thought about it now haha.
black hair, pale skin and blue eyes.

That there is a beautiful combination on women. As for a type, I don't necessarily have one but I would prefer one shorter than me (I'm 5ft7)
I'm too ugly to have the luxury of having a type. I'll take whoever wants me
Why the hell are there so many anonymous folk in this post?

Anyways no I don't have a type. Every guy I have dated looks different.
I do not think you can generalize like that. It is not only girls that are shallow. And they do not always try to defend themselves.

It is true that everyone has a type, but it may not just be from their "male groupies" (The people they go for might not even be male!). If you are going to make a statement like that, consider the reality first. Everyone is shallow (whether they believe it or not.). People are just different types of shallow and some are more shallow than others. I admit to being shallow. But that does not mean I am a hypocrite.

I do agree you do not usually see people from one social group with someone from another but it is incorrect to generalize. And yes I do realise you said "usually" and not always. But I do not care statements like that always make me slightly annoyed! Especially this bit : "The hypocrisy and fake politeness of girls makes me sick!". Get over yourself. Everyone is hypocritical at times and guys are just as hypocritical just about other things.

I know a girl who insists she doesn't have a type yet all her ex boyfriends have tight jeans, nose rings, big stretchy ear piercings and light coloured hair.Quite clearly she DOES have a type. The girl was asked out by non-pierced average everyday white men, Indian men and black men. She rejected every one and now her current boyfriend looks like someone out of an emo band for gay rejects and exactly like the others. So why is this girl telling everyone how 'unique' and different she is if not for fake compliments and attention?
In the improbable event of a reunion of my past lovers (would need banked-seating and as well marshals) you would notice that they were petite with small boobs, boyish haircuts and biggish bums relative to frame. I just missed the cut on being homosexual, yes.
Someone with a pulse :wink:

I have a thing for geeky looking guys with glasses and dark hair right now :colondollar: Although, guys start getting attractive to me when we gel personality-wise. Anyone nice that can make me laugh.
Reply 15
Dark brown hair and blue eyes :love:
Original post by phunky_fresh
Why the hell are there so many anonymous folk in this post?

Anyways no I don't have a type. Every guy I have dated looks different.

Haha well I just made this thread anonymously because you can't delete things yourself on the student room so I make anything a bit cringey or personal anonymous :tongue: I get paranoid....not sure about everyone else
Haha well I just made this thread anonymously because you can't delete things yourself on the student room so I make anything a bit cringey or personal anonymous :tongue: I get paranoid....not sure about everyone else

That's understandable. It was more aimed at those that feel the need to attack/criticise others or argue their case anonymously.
It's quite weird that I have never dated a blonde reason why I never fall or have a thing for blondes.

But every girl that I have dated have been olive skinned, dark haired or had dark eyes.

That's why I always fall for dark haired girls rather than blondes, because I have never had my heart broken by a blonde girl or dated a blonde girl.

So I don't know what it is, but the girls that I date have left an effect on me were the girls resemble my exes. And every girl that I date has to resemble my ex.:s-smilie:

It's weird I know, but that's what the heart wants.:lol:
Ye i tend to have a type in that i like girls with a skinny waitline/belly, I always feel bad and think im really shallow when i think that though :/ other than that im not picky on looks its more personality after that.

Quick Reply

Latest