The Student Room Group

I messed up on ther 12 mark ESSAY! ¬¬' PSYCHOLOGY UNIT 2 AQA

Okay, so basically the essay was - biological therapies for treating abnormality and I wrote a very detailed 5 page answer for the biological model without the treatments and now I am FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I DONT THINK IT WILL SECURE ME THE A GRADE I NEEDED :frown:. I am really nervous about results day and and do you guys think that they will give me some marks atleast? It was 12 bloody marks as well and I am just literally dying inside... Words aren't even sufficient to express the anger that is building inside me at the moment.... Help >.< :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you will still get some marks so that's okay. It better to have written down the biological model than not have written down anything. Plus you're not alone, someone wrote about stress therapies for this 12 marker.

Btw do you have any predictions for unit 2 sociology on thursday?
Original post by cat000
I think you will still get some marks so that's okay. It better to have written down the biological model than not have written down anything. Plus you're not alone, someone wrote about stress therapies for this 12 marker.

Btw do you have any predictions for unit 2 sociology on thursday?

Ahh, okay I am feeling much better now! Thank you!!! I don't really know what happened because I read the questions 3 times and saw the word 'THERAPY' but still it was not sinking in and I guess I got carried away by my expectations or wishes of what I hoped the essay would be(I was hoping for it to be biological) so I just wrote.

Anyway, v.v

And, no sorry I don't do Sociology :s-smilie: You could make a thread on it or look at the past papers and try to find some patterns, perhaps? (they usually have patterns and it is quite easy to predict e.g for Psychology). Good Luck! :wink:
Tbh, messing up the 12 marker isn't the be all and end all. Technically speaking you can drop around 22 marks and still get an A so I wouldn't fret too much. :smile: and if it makes you feel any better I completely missed out the first two scattergraph questions as I genuinely didn't see them :colondollar:
Original post by WaywardWriter
Tbh, messing up the 12 marker isn't the be all and end all. Technically speaking you can drop around 22 marks and still get an A so I wouldn't fret too much. :smile: and if it makes you feel any better I completely missed out the first two scattergraph questions as I genuinely didn't see them :colondollar:

:h: and aww, don't worry! you only missed about 1 or 2 marks :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by FloralEssence
Ahh, okay I am feeling much better now! Thank you!!! I don't really know what happened because I read the questions 3 times and saw the word 'THERAPY' but still it was not sinking in and I guess I got carried away by my expectations or wishes of what I hoped the essay would be(I was hoping for it to be biological) so I just wrote.

Anyway, v.v

And, no sorry I don't do Sociology :s-smilie: You could make a thread on it or look at the past papers and try to find some patterns, perhaps? (they usually have patterns and it is quite easy to predict e.g for Psychology). Good Luck! :wink:

No bother :-) and thank you
:h: and aww, don't worry! you only missed about 1 or 2 marks :biggrin:

Also, it could be a positive in some ways, it seems like everyone found this paper harder than unit 1 meaning that the grade boundaries will probably be lower. :wink:
Also, it could be a positive in some ways, it seems like everyone found this paper harder than unit 1 meaning that the grade boundaries will probably be lower. :wink:

(: I am glad to hear (boundaries are low), so what do you reckon they will be, maybe 49/ 50 for A? They are generally quite low... right? :3
(edited 8 years ago)
(: I am glad to hear (boundaries are low), so what do you reckon they will be, maybe 49/ 50 for A? They are generally quite low... right? :3

Yep, unit 2 is generally lower than unit 1, so yeah I reckon it will be around 48 49. I think will be 52 at most tbh
Yep, unit 2 is generally lower than unit 1, so yeah I reckon it will be around 48 49. I think will be 52 at most tbh

Ahh, I hope so (if so I think that I will be on an A overall)! ^>^ Thanks so much for the help Way, I really appreciate it!
:tongue:
Ahh, I hope so (if so I think that I will be on an A overall)! ^>^ Thanks so much for the help Way, I really appreciate it!
:tongue:

No problem :smile:
Reply 11
I was freaking out too because I've missed out on 24 mark and in total I will have 47.but I'm just praying that the grade boundaries Are low btw do any of u know What the grade boundaries Are for the unit one paper
Original post by layla.k
I was freaking out too because I've missed out on 24 mark and in total I will have 47.but I'm just praying that the grade boundaries Are low btw do any of u know What the grade boundaries Are for the unit one paper

oh my word, same! I will probably be comfortably sitting on that 45-7 ish which is often a high B and no, I'm afraid not, but having discussed this with some others, most have predicted around 47/49 for an A?? :smile: apologies for the late reply. =.=
Reply 13
oh my word, same! I will probably be comfortably sitting on that 45-7 ish which is often a high B and no, I'm afraid not, but having discussed this with some others, most have predicted around 47/49 for an A?? :smile: apologies for the late reply. =.=
no worries by the way thankyou.And lets hope we get our As
Hey does anyone have a copy of an unofficial mark scheme or the questions asked for Unit 2?
Original post by TrojanH
Hey does anyone have a copy of an unofficial mark scheme or the questions asked for Unit 2?

oo no, not yet ''/ sorry!
oo no, not yet ''/ sorry!

Right,

what was the last question btw?
Original post by TrojanH
Right,

what was the last question btw?

Erghh, the question said: Outline and evaluate the biological therapies, I think. >.<
How did you find it by the way?
Erghh, the question said: Outline and evaluate the biological therapies, I think. >.<
How did you find it by the way?

Not to seem rude but Pyschology is easiest A Level I take and was made even easier when the exam was a cake - you can't deny that! :P

It's a break from equations and equilibrea so I loved it. Wrote some stuff on Labotomies, Drugs, ECT, and about 2 pages evaluation with 2 pages on AO1. I had a lot of spare time (I think everyone did) so like a wierdo I filled in all the extra space paragraphs in that time.

I'd laugh if I wrote the wrong thing - but I won't be taking it on at A2 so I am as happy as a bunny to forget all about Schafer and Emerson et al
Original post by TrojanH
Not to seem rude but Pyschology is easiest A Level I take and was made even easier when the exam was a cake - you can't deny that! :P

It's a break from equations and equilibrea so I loved it. Wrote some stuff on Labotomies, Drugs, ECT, and about 2 pages evaluation with 2 pages on AO1. I had a lot of spare time (I think everyone did) so like a wierdo I filled in all the extra space paragraphs in that time.

I'd laugh if I wrote the wrong thing - but I won't be taking it on at A2 so I am as happy as a bunny to forget all about Schafer and Emerson et al

Yep, I guess it is an easy, well, I wouldn't necessarily call it 'easy' to be honest :colonhash:but it is very interesting which makes it to some extent more accessible to anyone ??. However, I do see where you are coming from, it is certainly more relaxing and fun when I put it against my other subjects like maths where more thought is needed. :biggrin:

I will be taking it for A2 in spite of this silly mistake of mine >.< Idk, psychology just sort of interests me a lot (planning to take it up to university degree eek! :colondollar:).

Why wont you take it for A2? .-. and what subject will you drop then?

Quick Reply

Latest