The Student Room Group

OCR Geography B SDME - 19th May

Scroll to see replies

did anyone else find the first question (about why country A was more developed from the graph) really hard? I got one point but I could not think of anoyher
Original post by lydiaws77
did anyone else find the first question (about why country A was more developed from the graph) really hard? I got one point but I could not think of anoyher

i wasnt expecting the whole paper to be as hard as it was tbh haha :P

i think i got s/t like 75% of people were employed in tertiary sector in country A, and only 2% were employed in primary sector, which is what u would expect of a more developed country. but tbh, i feel like i read the graph wrong, so assume i am wrong :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by stardust-dream
omg yes!!! i wrote the same thing for both, basically that Wales became more wealthy over time so could afford to use machines instead of people to extract from the Earth (which would be more cost effective in the long run), and that's why less people had to be employed in the mining industry. I repeated this same point again for the UK question, but just added that this meant that people who worked in the primary sector moved into the tertiary sector due to increase demand for service provisions.... :/ idk whether you could repeat points though. ack, I feel like the exam went horribly wrong, ive probably lost so many marks :frown: pray for low grade boundaries!

To me they seemed like pretty much the same question so I'm praying we were right??!!! Aha I LITERALLY made those exact points too :smile: I just kept saying 'UK' and 2010 to make sure it sounded slightly different :wink: hopefully as they are two separate questions they won't mind about repeating points - but the question is did we answer the qu properly?! :/ 😂 😁 ughh saaame - when I was doing the first half I was like 'ahhh a whole hour to go, I'll definitely get this done' and the. All of a sudden in the last qu I looked up and literally had like 10 mins left!!! Last qu went so badly - had NO IDEA. Yes pleeeease be low grade boundaries 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
HELP URGENT ! So I used the additional pages at the back and in my answers I kept saying see additional pages but others had this pink sheet at the front if they used an additional booklet or something ? So when I asked the invigiltor she said it should be fine but I'm still worried :,(
Reply 44
Original post by AmyW24
HELP URGENT ! So I used the additional pages at the back and in my answers I kept saying see additional pages but others had this pink sheet at the front if they used an additional booklet or something ? So when I asked the invigiltor she said it should be fine but I'm still worried :,(

The invigilator told me to use the additional pages at the back of the book and then once I have used that space I would be given a pink booklet- with additional sheets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending