The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Complicated situation - UCL as insurance and accomodation!

Hey,

Basically, I've fallen very ill prior to final exams and have had to drop some of my exams. UCL agreed to change my offer, whilst Bristol said that they couldn't change my offer for 2015, but might be able to guarantee me admission in the next cycle (basically an unconditional.) I therefore put UCL as my insurance and Bristol as my firm, so that if I decided to defer Bristol and go next year, I'd have the option to and I could still go to UCL if I get the right grades.

Problem is after putting UCL as my insurance, I found out that I might not be able to get guaranteed accomodation. However, I have a chronic illness and getting private accomodation away from the uni is really not an option given my health. I emailed to tell them about this and ask what can be done and they said I would need to put UCL as my firm by 31st or they couldn't guarantee accomodation.

As far as I know, I can't change this though can I? I firmed Bristol and insured UCL on 6th of May which was the last opportunity to do so.
Reply 1
Hi,

Have you tried contacting UCAS? I think phoning them and explaining the situation might be your best option. While you cannot alter your choices, I am certain they can.

Admittedly, I had a different problem and only wanted to correct some residency details so that universities did not consider me an overseas student, but the operator was very helpful and immediately made the necessary changes.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending