The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Physics 20th May 2015 discussion

Hi

Any tips for Wednesdays exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Concentrate on magnetism and read the specification. Make sure you are well informed on all the topic areas and sub-areas in the specification - it really helped me recognise my strengths and weaknesses. Good luck!
(areas in bold are in paper 2, so concentrate on the non-bold areas for now)
Hows everyone feeling about tomorrow's exam?
Do I have enough time to learn all the content by tomorrow? I'm freaking out
Reply 4
Same,,, ive gored physics tbh,,, reckon It's worth doing an all nighter to revise? I don't think its possible to learn the whole content thoroughly otherwise
Original post by SonsOfAnarchy11
Reply 5

Trust me you do. my brother is doing his exam tomorrow as well and i did mine last year. i was averaging about a C/D in physics. i was literally panicking the day before. like honestly i was so stressed, i was crying because i really wanted a good grade but i was so bad at it. at about 8 the day before i started revising for the first time. i had the cgp textbook and just read it for 2 hours. i was so stressed in bed and i couldnt sleep. when my mum dropped me off i revisied a bit in the car. i walked into the exam not feeling confident whatsoever. i walked out panicking i thought i had ****ed up. results day i found out i got 95% overall A*. My brotehr however has been revising since january so im sure he'll be fine. but best of luck and dont be stressed have a bath or do exercise or something to release your stress and tension
Original post by dave411
Trust me you do. my brother is doing his exam tomorrow as well and i did mine last year. i was averaging about a C/D in physics. i was literally panicking the day before. like honestly i was so stressed, i was crying because i really wanted a good grade but i was so bad at it. at about 8 the day before i started revising for the first time. i had the cgp textbook and just read it for 2 hours. i was so stressed in bed and i couldnt sleep. when my mum dropped me off i revisied a bit in the car. i walked into the exam not feeling confident whatsoever. i walked out panicking i thought i had ****ed up. results day i found out i got 95% overall A*. My brotehr however has been revising since january so im sure he'll be fine. but best of luck and dont be stressed have a bath or do exercise or something to release your stress and tension

Thanks matey feeling a bit better
Reply 7
Thanks matey feeling a bit better

No problem man. what grades are you averaging at the moment i doubt it was worse than mine lol. what are you aiming to get at gcses. i got 8 A*, 2 cs and a D. and beleive me i was a total idiot. i was so suprised.
Original post by dave411

You just gave me hope. :biggrin:

thanks.
Original post by dave411
No problem man. what grades are you averaging at the moment i doubt it was worse than mine lol. what are you aiming to get at gcses. i got 8 A*, 2 cs and a D. and beleive me i was a total idiot. i was so suprised.

I'm averaging an A at the moment. I really want your grades at GCSE was most your revision last minute?
Original post by UltimateLad1
Hi

Any tips for Wednesdays exam?

I'm no expert at Science, but maybe try using youtube videos as a guide? There are usually a variety of revision videos about different topics out there!
If anyone wants the CGP textbook pdf it's here. Good luck, it really is the best invention on earth, just 30 pages!!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxtqPBduz-cOExwRGtBVGFfTnM/view?usp=sharing
Reply 12
I'm averaging an A at the moment. I really want your grades at GCSE was most your revision last minute?

this is going to sound absolutely ridicolous but yeah ! :biggrin: i revised for all my subjects the day before, the only exam i revised for was spanish and i got a D. when i saw 8 A*s i thought i had opened tyhe wrong envelope. let me just tell you, you cannot do this at a level lol
Original post by dave411
this is going to sound absolutely ridicolous but yeah ! :biggrin: i revised for all my subjects the day before, the only exam i revised for was spanish and i got a D. when i saw 8 A*s i thought i had opened tyhe wrong envelope. let me just tell you, you cannot do this at a level lol

LOL you must be naturally clever, can I ask when you did an exam did you come out thinking you aced it lmao
And this one is really important too:

Accuracy vs Precision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD-wgpphV_Q
Any ideas what might come up? I'm so scared ahaha :-/ physics is literally my worst subject I'm just hoping for an A
I reckon the loudspeaker might come up.. hasn't come in a while. Electromagnetism always has the crappy questions...
I think it'll be similar to the May/Jan 2012 exams since both Bio and Chem were recycled from 2012...
Original post by chrisbpw
I reckon the loudspeaker might come up.. hasn't come in a while. Electromagnetism always has the crappy questions...
I think it'll be similar to the May/Jan 2012 exams since both Bio and Chem were recycled from 2012...

Recycled from what board can you link me

Quick Reply

Latest