The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brownclown
I live in a middle class area with lots of white people and a fair few asians. Yh the white parents aren't pleased with the interracial dating. The asian parents aren't happy either but they shut up eventually

i think thats a bit of a stereotype bc im white and so are my friends and they literally couldn't have given less of a **** about the skin tone of the dude I was dating

In actual fact it was his parents which had the problem so its all swings n roundabouts I'd say
Reply 81
[QUOTE=raspberr1es;55946705]i think thats a bit of a stereotype bc im white and so are my friends and they literally couldn't have given less of a **** about the skin tone of the dude I was dating

In actual fact it was his parents which had the problem so its all swings n roundabouts I'd say

Not really a stereotype I said both sides didn't like it
Look at the mess they're in now

Not so much of a mess now with Modi coming in charge.
Reply 83
I'm brown (Asian) but British girls love my colour. All my girlfriends were English.
[video="youtube;4sqN2J9_axY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqN2J9_axY[/video]

:console:
I was born in the UK but my heritage is in the Middle East. I have light brown skin, dark hair and dark eyes and I dislike that very much. Personally I think that's the worst combination on a guy. For girls it's alright but for guys nah. I mean if the guy was hot fair enough but for the average ugly joe it's horrible.

With the ever growing anti-brown person sentiment in the UK, I'm embarrassed to be brown. I hate that people think I'm a terrorist or immediately judge me as some sort of extremist.

I used to think it was just idiots who stereotyped so much but what's worrying is that people who I thought were somewhat intelligent also judge very much.

I would much rather be white. Has anyone else felt like this? I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this

Also I'm not a troll. This is genuinely how I feel

I am very sorry that you feel like that! There is definitely nothing wrong with the colour of your skin. You should be proud of your heritage and your ancestors, you deserve to be. I know that there is a great amount of Racism in this country and it is a terrible thing. I am white and I would never consider you to be less than me because of the colour of your skin! Ignore the uneducated idiots that like to make claims, they don't know you and are probably just trying to prevoke a reaction. Hope this problem ends for you. :smile:
I was born in the UK but my heritage is in the Middle East. I have light brown skin, dark hair and dark eyes and I dislike that very much. Personally I think that's the worst combination on a guy. For girls it's alright but for guys nah. I mean if the guy was hot fair enough but for the average ugly joe it's horrible.

With the ever growing anti-brown person sentiment in the UK, I'm embarrassed to be brown. I hate that people think I'm a terrorist or immediately judge me as some sort of extremist.

I used to think it was just idiots who stereotyped so much but what's worrying is that people who I thought were somewhat intelligent also judge very much.

I would much rather be white. Has anyone else felt like this? I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this

You're the best of both worlds, as far I can see, you can spend the day in the sun w/o sun lotion and you won't end up looking like a tomato, and you won't be stereotyped with crime.

As for the terrorism, well, you need man up a little and stop being such a sulk.
Reply 87
[QUOTE=DRR Lumberjack;55947341]You're the best of both worlds, as far I can see, you can spend the day in the sun w/o sun lotion and you won't end up looking like a tomato, and you won't be stereotyped with crime.

As for the terrorism, well, you need man up a little and stop being such a sulk.

Ok cool I'll just man up accept the stereotyping and insults

"Man up" is such a poor, unconstructive piece of advice
Reply 88
Original post by LoobyLou12
I am very sorry that you feel like that! There is definitely nothing wrong with the colour of your skin. You should be proud of your heritage and your ancestors, you deserve to be. I know that there is a great amount of Racism in this country and it is a terrible thing. I am white and I would never consider you to be less than me because of the colour of your skin! Ignore the uneducated idiots that like to make claims, they don't know you and are probably just trying to prevoke a reaction. Hope this problem ends for you. :smile:

See I used to think it was only the uneducated idiots who say stuff like that but recently even the supposedly educated ones say similar things too and that's worrying
Reply 89

I'm brown and proud ,English people tan their skin too look like us , they risk having skin cancer to be like us.... English girls marry non whites to have babies with brown skin , be proud brother.
Dude, I'm an Asian British girl, I feel your pain but trust me I got over this.

I was physically and sexually bullied at school because of my skin colour and culture, getting called "p.a.k.i" or "curry lover" whatever. it causes extreme self consciousness! now I'm 17 and I've dealt with it. so maybe yeah now i go to an Asian college, but my confidence has grown.

i used to live in a all white area and felt marginalised. but you know what? i realised i don't really give a damn. the way i see it is if you're upset and wanting to become white - you're FEEDING THE TROLL in them! be proud of your skin colour.

btw, white girls (and any other skin coloured girls) would wanna f*** you 😂😂😂trust me your features are what girls die for in a man!

adios amigos :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 91
[QUOTE=diamondluck;55950823]Dude, I'm an Asian British girl, I feel your pain but trust me I got over this.

I was physically and sexually bullied at school because of my skin colour and culture, getting called "p.a.k.i" or "curry lover" whatever. it causes extreme self consciousness! now I'm 17 and I've dealt with it. so maybe yeah now i go to an Asian college, but my confidence has grown.

i used to live in a all white area and felt marginalised. but you know what? i realised i don't really give a damn. the way i see it is if you're upset and wanting to become white - you're FEEDING THE TROLL in them! be proud of your skin colour.

btw, white girls (and any other skin coloured girls) would wanna f*** you 😂😂😂trust me your features are what girls die for in a man!

adios amigos :wink:

Lmfao a 5ft 10 average middle eastern guy isn't exactly top on the attractive scale
Tolerate not embrace. All skin colour does is create a divide

Skin colour does create segregation but things are improving evenhough you may not see it that way.

And tbh you can't just be ashamed of who you are because that creates a low self esteem.

Although, I have my preferences, to me its personality that matters and I am sure others will say the same thing.

Every country is known for their good and bad stuff.
Reply 93
Original post by German123
Skin colour does create segregation but things are improving evenhough you may not see it that way.

And tbh you can't just be ashamed of who you are because that creates a low self esteem.

Although, I have my preferences, to me its personality that matters and I am sure others will say the same thing.

Every country is known for their good and bad stuff.

Preferences? So like you're only attracted to one colour and not others?
Preferences? So like you're only attracted to one colour and not others?

Well, yes but that is me and not everyone is like that.

This is the 21st century and interracial relationships are happening.

I know its hard embracing who you are but look at the good sides of being who you are.

Edit: you are also putting other people down by saying you don't like being brown. Everyone these days wants to be lighter in colour, there are people of darker colour who are beautiful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol I have an Egyptian friend at uni who feels the exact same, always goes on about how he wants to be white.

Look, theres no changing your skin colour. Stop moaning about it, and embrace it. You said your from middle eastern descent, embrace that heritage and be proud of it. You didn't say where you were from, but along as your not loudly praying to Allah, whilst sporting a very long beard, and sandals, with a backpack, no ones gonna think you're an extremist.

You probably have such an interesting backstory, just embrace it you know. Your skin colour is part of you.

And if none of that made you feel better, you could always be of a different race, one with a much smaller problem cough*.... if you catch my drift. So be thankful its just your skin colour you dislike..
Reply 96

i hate muslims. the ideology. anyone who believes in rape, slavery, pedophilia, domestic violence, genocide and taking advantage of the naive is the lowest of the low in my book.

if i meet someone whos south asian/arab looking i dont assume their muslim. they could be a muslim that just doesnt know anything about their religion. or believes in one of the codes of islam thats bent the rules very severely so that its vaguely "nice". they could be Zoroastrian, Hindu, Sikh, Coptic Orthodox or some other sort of christian or even an athiest.

so for me its zero to do with race.
Reply 97
[QUOTE=King Boo;55952799]Lol I have an Egyptian friend at uni who feels the exact same, always goes on about how he wants to be white.

Look, theres no changing your skin colour. Stop moaning about it, and embrace it. You said your from middle eastern descent, embrace that heritage and be proud of it. You didn't say where you were from, but along as your not loudly praying to Allah, whilst sporting a very long beard, and sandals, with a backpack, no ones gonna think you're an extremist.

You probably have such an interesting backstory, just embrace it you know. Your skin colour is part of you.

And if none of that made you feel better, you could always be of a different race, one with a much smaller problem cough*.... if you catch my drift. So be thankful its just your skin colour you dislike..

Your Egyptian friend knows how it is.

I do have an interesting background - it's unique, but I've grown up having to suppress it and sometimes even be ashamed of it given all the negative rep it's given. It is sad tbh that I feel so disconnected from my heritage

And meh being average isn't anything to shout about
This is the most obvious troll thread.
Reply 99
[QUOTE=capitalismstinks;55953349]This is the most obvious troll thread.

Why is it a troll thread? I'm not the only brown person who feels this way. It's a taboo subject which is never discussed which is why you think I'm a troll

Latest

Trending

Trending