The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 University of Edinburgh Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Applying for MA Economics, I know offers can vary so if I did get one what do you think it'd be?

GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
AS levels: AAAB (dropped an A and carried on the B as one exam went bad due to extenuating circumstances, I am actually better at that subject)
A-level predictions: A*A*A plus A in AS further maths

I had to resit year 13 due to extenuating circumstances involving my mental health, they said that as this year is still my first sitting of exams (as I sat none last year), it shouldn't disadvantage me but I'm wondering if it may make a different to the *assuming I got one* offer grades.

Anyone know if St. Andrews or Edinburgh have any big differences in the economics course and which one is outright better (if so)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by afern
Have you gone to Edinburgh yet? I really want to but I'm already going to Exeter when I'm in the UK for Christmas so I won't have a chance to :\

Just saw you question in your other post about Edinburgh as a first choice! It's probably my third choice after Durham and Exeter, but they have really generous offers for international applicants so it's completely possible I end up going there (which honestly I'd be 100% happy with because I've got a friend at Edinburgh who loves it!)

I've visited the city many times but haven't had the chance to look around the univeristy, unfortunately. It looks beautiful though, with a great atmosphere from what I've seen online! It's a shame that you can't visit, it's a fantastic city.

Interesting - good luck with your application, they're all excellent institutions. As for me, the biggest factor keeping Edinburgh as my first choice is proximity to home and cost. Wherever you end up going, I'm sure you'll love it :biggrin:

x
GCSE grades: AAAABBBBC
A Levels: English Literature, French, Drama, General Studies
AS grades: BCCDD
Predicted A2 grades: A*BBC
Course: English Literature
Original post by maracatinca
Hey guys! I'll be applying for Linguistics, 2016 entry. Anyone with me? :biggrin:

Yup! Linguistics and English Language 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for English Literature and I am predicted A*A*A at A-Level. I think the waiting period before we receive a response will be agonising! But fingers crossed and good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone applying for chemical engineering?
Anyone applying for the Infectious Diseases course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else applying for Theoretical Physics?
National 5: AAAABB
Higher: AAAAA
Predicted Advanced Highers: AAAA (Maths, Phys, Chems, CompSci)
Reply 128
Original post by FangirlFreak
I've visited the city many times but haven't had the chance to look around the univeristy, unfortunately. It looks beautiful though, with a great atmosphere from what I've seen online! It's a shame that you can't visit, it's a fantastic city.

Interesting - good luck with your application, they're all excellent institutions. As for me, the biggest factor keeping Edinburgh as my first choice is proximity to home and cost. Wherever you end up going, I'm sure you'll love it :biggrin:

x

I was hoping to visit my friend who's there over my spring break but then I remembered that my dad would be turning 60 then so I can't!! It looks like a really great city, and I've only heard good things about it :smile:
Hey guys!
I've applied for Classics...any other Classics hopefuls out there? :biggrin:
Reply 130
Original post by Humbugbah
Anyone applying for chemical engineering?

Yep :smile:
Original post by Phoebus Apollo
Hey guys!
I've applied for Classics...any other Classics hopefuls out there? :biggrin:

Haha, nope.
In my sixth year of Latin now, but only have it because my school requires it. I'll be quite happy to drop it but good for you. Hear the odds of getting in there are better than most other subjects.
Original post by Tweald
Yep :smile:

Where else are you applying
Reply 133
Original post by Humbugbah
Where else are you applying

I'm only applying to Edinburgh and Strathclyde for chemical engineering, my other 3 are for chemistry :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by Tweald
I'm only applying to Edinburgh and Strathclyde for chemical engineering, my other 3 are for chemistry :smile:

That's what I was going to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do you reckon they will send out conditional offers? Do we have to wait until January?
Reply 136
Original post by adynaton
When do you reckon they will send out conditional offers? Do we have to wait until January?

They usually wait until after the deadline. So we'll probably hear February/March time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GEPelan
Haha, nope.
In my sixth year of Latin now, but only have it because my school requires it. I'll be quite happy to drop it but good for you. Hear the odds of getting in there are better than most other subjects.

Haha thanks, and that's good to hear!
Wow, I can't believe you're required to do it...I'm the only one in my class!
So are you doing Latin A level? Don't worry, I love Latin, but I'm doing Maths A level too and I wish I could drop it :frown: just have to persevere I guess
I applied today for Classical Studies and English! I've received an email of acknowledgement but no MyEd login yet!
Original post by gstar7
They usually wait until after the deadline. So we'll probably hear February/March time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh... Right, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending