The Student Room Group

what happens if a candidate sits the wrong tier

what happens if a candidate sits the wrong tier
Dont. Before your exam check what it says. If its says higher and ur meant to be sitting foundation tell a teacher. Once the exam is sent, probably the same day you sit it, theres no going back I'm afraid. You will get a grade according to how u did in that exam and thats that.
I know this doesn't answer your question but make sure you do check if the tier of entry is correct, and if it isn't then the invigilator will check with the candidate entry list and issue you with the correct paper. It can be pretty detrimental sitting the wrong paper especially if you sit foundation when you're meant to do higher.
I'd imagine there isn't really much they can do after the exam has happened. You should always check your paper before the exam :smile:
This happened to somone last year. She was a straight A* student. I THINK she got her predicted grade.
Original post by Kholmes1
This happened to somone last year. She was a straight A* student. I THINK she got her predicted grade.

Her fault for sitting the wrong tier. You are reminded by the invigilators to double check the paper to see if it is the correct tier of entry. Not fair if she did actually get her predicted because in which case we should all revolt and sit a Foundation paper by "accident" and expect our predicted.
Original post by Alan-K
I know this doesn't answer your question but make sure you do check if the tier of entry is correct, and if it isn't then the invigilator will check with the candidate entry list and issue you with the correct paper. It can be pretty detrimental sitting the wrong paper especially if you sit foundation when you're meant to do higher.

The invigilators won't change our tier at my school unless we show them our statement of entry with all the exams and tiers on it
My entire class carries them around like passports :biggrin:
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
The invigilators won't change our tier at my school unless we show them our statement of entry with all the exams and tiers on it
My entire class carries them around like passports :biggrin:

When a tier of entry is disputed in our school before the exam starts, the invigilator phones the school's exam office and a list is delivered to the exam hall confirming the final entry tier. Your school invigilators seem stubborn and besides you aren't allowed paper in the exam so how can you carry your statement of entry with you? Absurd how they won't change the entry without YOU physically carrying evidence when they should have the final list on them!

Quick Reply

Latest