The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official University of Nottingham football thread

Hey guys,

I've started this thread to meet people who are trying-out for the UoN football teams. There are 4 teams and I am most definitely aiming for the 1st team. Anyone else?
Reply 1
I'd like to know more about this please. What information do you currently know about the UoN football teams?

I'd love to join the UoN football team next season (since I join September).

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Drizz
I'd like to know more about this please. What information do you currently know about the UoN football teams?

I'd love to join the UoN football team next season (since I join September).

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's a link with the information you need:
http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/sports/sport/FootballMens/

Do you currently play for a team?
Reply 3
Original post by ManjSingh97
Here's a link with the information you need:
http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/sports/sport/FootballMens/

Do you currently play for a team?

Thanks, mate.

I don't currently play for a team - no, but I'm quite talented, I'd say. I'm a #10, but I have the ability to play as a #8 too due to my passing accuracy, vision and stamina.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Drizz
Thanks, mate.

I don't currently play for a team - no, but I'm quite talented, I'd say. I'm a #10, but I have the ability to play as a #8 too due to my passing accuracy, vision and stamina.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh sounds good. I'd say I'm a decent player. I'm a right back but I love to attack and get up the pitch. Did you ever have any trials for football clubs and do you support a team?
Reply 5
Ahh sounds good. I'd say I'm a decent player. I'm a right back but I love to attack and get up the pitch. Did you ever have any trials for football clubs and do you support a team?

Although I support Manchester United, I'm a fan of simple passing football. I'm an avid follower of Barça due to their style of play. I also quite like Arsenal's style of play, too.

I've never had trials because I've never been at the stage where I was going to football training so, so often and so forth. However, I've been playing in streets, parks and back-gardens on a regular basis whether that's with friends or family.

Have you ever had football trials?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Drizz
Although I support Manchester United, I'm a fan of simple passing football. I'm an avid follower of Barça due to their style of play. I also quite like Arsenal's style of play, too.

I've never had trials because I've never been at the stage where I was going to football training so, so often and so forth. However, I've been playing in streets, parks and back-gardens on a regular basis whether that's with friends or family.

Have you ever had football trials?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I support Liverpool (but let's not go into that), and I also love Barcelona (for the same reason you stated). I'm the type of player who only loves possession football, that's how football should be played tbh.

I've had trials with Wolverhampton (where I'm from) as well as Notts County. I wasn't quite successful at Wolves but I passed my trials with Notts. I decided to leave Notts because of the travel but this was years ago. I play for fun now, about 3-4 times a week.

So what course are you studying?
Reply 7
I support Liverpool (but let's not go into that), and I also love Barcelona (for the same reason you stated). I'm the type of player who only loves possession football, that's how football should be played tbh.

I've had trials with Wolverhampton (where I'm from) as well as Notts County. I wasn't quite successful at Wolves but I passed my trials with Notts. I decided to leave Notts because of the travel but this was years ago. I play for fun now, about 3-4 times a week.

So what course are you studying?

Ah, that's quite unfortunate man. You should've stuck at it, in all fairness. But, I guess everyone has their reasons.

I'll see you at the trials then, maybe.

I'm hopefully going to study English, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Drizz
Ah, that's quite unfortunate man. You should've stuck at it, in all fairness. But, I guess everyone has their reasons.

I'll see you at the trials then, maybe.

I'm hopefully going to study English, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking back, I do wish I continued playing, but oh well, things happen for a reason I guess.

I'm going to be studying Management. What accommodation are you staying at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey guys,

I've started this thread to meet people who are trying-out for the UoN football teams. There are 4 teams and I am most definitely aiming for the 1st team. Anyone else?

You do realise, 40,000 people go to the uni and 350 people go to trials and they take 20ish players maybe 1 or 2 get in to the first team each year.
Don't want to pop your bubble of optimism but think you should be a bit more realistic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending