The Student Room Group

Article: How to revise to succeed

Reply 1
stating the obvious...
Nothing that I didn't know already...
Well if you go to the university of herts you probably shouldn't be giving out advice about how to revise.

*Bitchy comment alert*
Reply 4
Good advice, but I think learning technique is important.

I've tried all sorts of memory techniques and the best I've found is the active recall and distributed practice method. A fantastic resource for this is http://mem-note.com - it's the only way I can make complex information stick in my head.
Already acknowledged.
In my opinion, I remember things better when I completed a flashcard on the topic we had just learned in class. It just helps to use it as a rehearsal tool.
Reply 7
That's precisely what memnote is set up to do for you. It turns notes into lots of little flash cards just by adding a question mark to each title. You can then assign each of these a reminder schedule, depending on how well you know them.

Original post by ChelseaDarby
In my opinion, I remember things better when I completed a flashcard on the topic we had just learned in class. It just helps to use it as a rehearsal tool.
I have used that before yes and I do enjoy using those, but I do prefer to have them manually. But thanks for sharing :smile: Just a quick question, I dont really know this website very well, what other things can I access to use as revision or organistion on here?
Reply 9
The website is for your own notes, a bit like Evernote, but the interface is much better than Evernote's new web site. It's geared towards learning - the landing page does a pretty good job of explaining it and accounts are free.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending