The Student Room Group

Driven on the wrong road (no entry oncomming traffic)?

Hi, i recently passed and for the first time i went to birmingham city centre,
i got confused by so many signs and accidently turned left, i am going to be honest, there were markings on the road which said no turning left, but at that time everything became invisible, i admit my mistake,
when i got on the wrong road, the bus driver gave me way so i could joing the road,
I just passed my driving and i am scared i will get lots of points. i went back to the road and found these cameras, i will attach the link.
They were like cctc camera looking types.
very scared, please give advise.
Lots of drivers make small mistakes, especially new drivers. I doubt this will get you any points. Don't worry about it, learn from it and move on.
My dad ended up on the wrong side of the road a few months ago, I can understand how he did it (there were no other cars around, it was 6am, the road markings are almost completely worn away and the road layout is very hard to understand) but unfortunately a Police car drove past (the only car we'd seen for about 10 minutes) and pulled him over. I think he got points for driving without due care and attention.

You should be fine though, as long as the bus driver hasn't phoned the Police and told them what you've done then there's no real reason for them to check the CCTV in detail. Just wait it out for a few weeks, if you haven't heard anything by then you should be alright.
A similar thing happened to me, but it was broad daylight, the road was clearly one way, and the police were about 10 yards away. Nothing happened to me. I was (stupidly) following my sat-nav and turned into the one way street. It was only when another car honked its horn at me that I realised.

The amount of traffic around, somebody could have reported my idiotic driving, especially considering the police were very near by. Don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending