The Student Room Group

Worried about IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry?

Paper 1 has already come and gone but honestly...I feel like i've completely failed it. I'm so so worried that I might not even be able to save my grade with Paper 2 in June, and with how badly I'm sure I did on the first paper, I'm also wondering by how much I could manage to pull my overall grade up even if I somehow got an A* on the second paper...

I'm not sure how they average the grades of the two papers, so I guess that's my main question?
This is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry in advance if I've done anything I shouldn't have
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by flowerbasket
Paper 1 has already come and gone but honestly...I feel like i've completely failed it. I'm so so worried that I might not even be able to save my grade with Paper 2 in June, and with how badly I'm sure I did on the first paper, I'm also wondering by how much I could manage to pull my overall grade up even if I somehow got an A* on the second paper...

I'm not sure how they average the grades of the two papers, so I guess that's my main question?
This is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry in advance if I've done anything I shouldn't have

Worrying will only make it worse,,, you just got to forget about it and do your best on the paper 2, and I'm sure you did your best on paper 1 so you should be proud of yourself, it might not even be as bad as you think, if you hear answers on here that don't match yours, that doesn't mean anything, they are students just like you so will get things wrong.

Do your best and good lucky with that exam, but forget about paper 1 for now as worrying will affect other exams. It's done and you can't change it. As for grade boundaries, I reckon will 140/180 will be an A* and around 120's will be an A.
Good luck anyway and hope you do well and forget about it soon

Quick Reply

Latest