The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hi people
Distillation

Oh, I wrote Filtration and apparantley that's what a lot of others wrote :frown:
Original post by Jeff548
Oh, I wrote Filtration and apparantley that's what a lot of others wrote :frown:

Same I wrote filter the solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 15011BurnsRoss
Same I wrote filter the solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"it precipitates vanadium and other impurities in the form of solid compounds which are readily separated from TiClt by settling, filtration or distillation."
Looks like we may all be right
I hope I get high marks in my assignment so I can get a good overall mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got a good answer for the question with the calcium oxide and sulfur dioxide. I guessed that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got a good answer for the question with the calcium oxide and sulfur dioxide. I guessed that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calcium Oxide + Water= Alkaline solution
-->
Calcium oxide (now alkaline) + Sulfur dioxide(acidic)= Salt + water
i.e. it neutralises it. Hope this is the answer cause that's what I put, and I searched it up on google, and it said that it neutralises it, something like that anyway.
Does anybody know if you get negative marking in chemistry, as I put 2 answers for this answer, cause they could be possibilities, but if one of them is right and the other is wrong, do they give u the mark?
Calcium Oxide + Water= Alkaline solution
-->
Calcium oxide (now alkaline) + Sulfur dioxide(acidic)= Salt + water
i.e. it neutralises it. Hope this is the answer cause that's what I put, and I searched it up on google, and it said that it neutralises it, something like that anyway.
Does anybody know if you get negative marking in chemistry, as I put 2 answers for this answer, cause they could be possibilities, but if one of them is right and the other is wrong, do they give u the mark?

Not sure, I would probably give you the mark though but the SQA might be strict and only accept the answer if you put down the one that was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone by any chance got links to the 2015 computing science paper on imgur or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure, I would probably give you the mark though but the SQA might be strict and only accept the answer if you put down the one that was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no negative marking unless you completely contradict yourself.
Original post by Hamza33
"it precipitates vanadium and other impurities in the form of solid compounds which are readily separated from TiClt by settling, filtration or distillation."
Looks like we may all be right

Maybe, but my teacher today gave me a completed answer guide of the paper and the answer she wrote was filtration
Also, see for question 5(d) that said "Using the information in both tables, suggest the combination of temperature and pressure that would produce the highest percentage of yield of ammonia," did anyone else just write a general statement or did you guys use the actual figures? Because I just thought it meant to say something along the lines of : High pressure and low/moderate temperature?
Does anyone know if I would get the mark??
Original post by Jeff548
Maybe, but my teacher today gave me a completed answer guide of the paper and the answer she wrote was filtration

I said filter the solution. Would I still get the mark. Did the exact word have to be filtration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeff548
Also, see for question 5(d) that said "Using the information in both tables, suggest the combination of temperature and pressure that would produce the highest percentage of yield of ammonia," did anyone else just write a general statement or did you guys use the actual figures? Because I just thought it meant to say something along the lines of : High pressure and low/moderate temperature?
Does anyone know if I would get the mark??

You would have to use information from both tables, hence actual values.
Did anyone think some of the questions were a bit vague? :s-smilie::lolwut::question:
Did anyone think some of the questions were a bit vague? :s-smilie::lolwut::question:

The open ended ones definitely.
Just means the marking scheme will be vague along with it.
I am nervous about my exam fingers crossed hopefully it will go good. Second last exam for me so lets see what happens. Lets hope for the best. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Hamza33
You would have to use information from both tables, hence actual values.

I think u would get the mark coz u have told them what the general statement is for both of the tables
Original post by jamima112
I think u would get the mark coz u have told them what the general statement is for both of the tables

I think ur in the wrong thread, this was last years exam. I was a bit suprised at ur quote lol. I'm off doing highers now, good luck for nat 5.
Original post by pinksmartie1
I'm really nervous about the open ended questions!!

me too. I hope its not a hard question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending