The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Physical Exam 19/05/2015 -Feelings?

How did people feel about todays exam

Scroll to see replies

I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.
Original post by abrack
I did higher... It was SO easy! Apart from the Dry Valley question on the Rocks topic.

I found it sooooo nice !!
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already
Original post by studentgooner
I found it sooooo nice !!

Hehe, the examiners must have been feeling generous. Although last years was very easy too!
Original post by rainb0wweasley
Not as bad as my whole school thought - although we all said that Eyjafjallajokul was a shield volcano when it is actually composite 😓... Oh well, 3 marks lost already

Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O
Original post by abrack
Shield volcano? Was this on the tectonic? Or Ice on the land or what? I didn't see it if it was on tectonics! O_O

The tectonics "Label three characteristics of Eyjafjallajokull in a cross section diagram" and we all wrote that it had large flat sides due to being a shield volcano 😰 Shame though
It was okay, I did living world, ice and coasts but OMG In the last 8 marker i mentioned spudland bay the whole way through but it was sTudland! I remembered the points and things though, how many marks do you think i will lose?
Reply 8

Snap!! I did that too lol

Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.
Reply 10
Original post by ahmedchohan77
Yes. But on google it is described as a stratovolcano but Nyiragongo in the textbook is shown as a shield but on google it is a composite/stratovolcano so I think labelling it as a shield would be OK. I hope that it is though.

Sure hope you're right
What was the 8 marker on living world

No Eyjaflallajokul is shield for sure...
Reply 13
What were the labels for the waterfall?
Reply 14
Original post by Rabbanim
What was the 8 marker on living world

Management/conservation strategies in a temperate deciduous forest (Epping Forest) if I remember correctly.
Will I get any marks if i answered EVERY question?
Original post by ahmedchohan77

That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...
Reply 17
Original post by studentgooner
That is unfair from AQA because from the picture it looked like a shield volcano...

plus, on the diagram, Iceland is on a constructive plate boundary.
it was definitely a shield volcano, "Eyjafjallajökull is an elongated structure somewhat resembling a shield volcano,"
Reply 19
It's a shield volcano. Iceland is a volcanic island formed at a constructive plate boundary (eurasian and north american) therefore it isn't possible for a composite to form here

Quick Reply