The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We've [not] got your number.
There won't be many Dillons. Only 3 Lewis at Nottm, I searched :biggrin:. I is loser, and it's huge!
maybe we'll never know the true identity of super dillon and he will remain a masked wonder like spiderman or zorro.

;zorro; :rolleyes:

btw laura what rank are you up to in judo? i used to do karate myself hehehe, but got kicked out: long story.
LauraWalker
All courtesy of LW's Mum's Oxford University T-towel with all the colleges on it. I learn a new one and its year of formation every time I washup. Wadham is quite pretty with its yellow and red background. My personal favourite is Lincoln. I should have applied there! I would have definitely purchased all the hoddies because that is one intricate yet so complicated coat of arms. Univ only has little birds on it.

:confused::s-smilie:
Random...
Updated profile.
Goodbye all.
LauraWalker
he, he

I got my Yellow Belt just before christmas. I only started at Oxford in September. It seemed like one of the most friendly and reasonable clubs. :wink: Kicked out??? Terrible for a lawyer :wink:

P.S I am super scared of Mr Dillon. Four years of Judo makes him a tough cookie. I always worry about breaking my neck when they throw me.

Ahh well my excuse was that i was 14 :p: . not much else in my defence i must say lol. i was a purple belt methinks and i when i was supposed to be sparring i went ott with the teacher (black belt) cos he was being an ars (broke his jaw) ouch.

oh why did dillon have to leave. i will miss he sarcastic gestures and his frequent arguments with lewisy boy. oh well lewisy boy will have no one to argue with anymore. :frown:

btw what are you applying to laura if you don't mind me asking?
He'll re-register, all I have to do is post some offensive material and see who bites.
well laura, good luck with your applications. maybe i will be very lucky and learn when you get some offers ha.

i don' like the sound of lewisy boy's plotting...seems like he is going to be up to some mischeif. let the controversy commence...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
LauraWalker
Ok Super has died. Please do tell me who you are if your at Oxford and you ever see me. I just messaged someone from Hull doing Law at Oxford that I had never met before, then headed to Blackwells at precisely the same time as him and met him at the counter, werid.

Also how is Dragon finding Cardiff? Ok, I said I would not give too much away but it is down in my lower list of choices. I hear it is competitive so the fact I have put them towards the bottom might preclude a place. It said they would give preference to Welsh people and my Mum's family comes from Cardiff so I told them in the reason for choice. What is it like Dragon?

I really like the department in Cardiff and am enjoying the course. Of course, I'm doing the LPC, which is certainly less stressful than the BVC... I have a few friends doing the BVC and they're all finding it really tough. Apparently lots of people are in the library for 12 hours every day and then go home to work... though I think there's an element of exaggerating how bad it is to make the LPC seem easy. :rolleyes: It's interesting that they say they give preference to Welsh people, as I think I only know 1 Welsh BVC student!
I'm doing the BVC at BPP in Holborn, London at the mo and it is TOUGH. I don't think 12 hours a day is really an exaggeration. It's much harder than my degree.

BPP is known to be the best provider of the BVC (I'm not being biased, it's why I chose it!). It's the only provider with a minimum 2.1 entry requirement and every single barrister I've spoken to said it's secretly (or not so secretly?!) known to churn out the best pupils.

Also have a few tutors who came here from ICSL - they said we are worked much harder here.

Make of that as you will :smile: I feel I made the right choice.
Nottingham has a 2.1 limit aswell. In the session 2003/04 40% of their applicants had 4xA at A-level and 1st class degrees. They work on a points basis. Thus, with my one slip at A-level I should still get in because my first class LLB gives me extra points. I think Nottingham is very popular for people who don't want to go to London. They reject quite a lot of people.

I have heard some really bad things about Northumbria. I have not opted for BPP but people have suggested to me that it is the best place in London. They have just opened a new one in Leeds. A few of my friends intend upon going but I have had enough of being in Yorkshire for the time being. Then again, people try and visit me more in Oxford :wink: because it is a nice place and they want to do the Morse Tour or something. There is no getting away from home anywhere :wink: So this means I won't have time for lots of visiters in Cardiff then???
Well thanks for that Dragon. That is what a judge from Hull was telling us and a few ex-Hull students but they are hardly likely to know better than you are!

It says they give preference on their site to people who have a geniune need to stay in Cardiff.
One thing I forgot to mention... someone was telling me the other day that he chose Cardiff because it is unique (or perhaps just unusual) in having a library just for BVC and LPC students. I have no idea if that's true, but it certainly is a nice library!
LauraWalker
It has a unique mock trial court room too. I made some innate comment about it in my personal statement. Anything else good. Can you live in uni accommodation?

Yes, I remember having an accounts lesson in the court room... quite a bizarre experience! :smile: You can definitely live in uni accommodation, because one of my friends does, and I think it's only a few minutes walk from the Law school. I don't know anything about availability though. Most other people live in an area about 15 mins walk away.
Reply 35
LuverlyLawyer
I'm doing the BVC at BPP in Holborn, London at the mo and it is TOUGH. I don't think 12 hours a day is really an exaggeration. It's much harder than my degree.

BPP is known to be the best provider of the BVC (I'm not being biased, it's why I chose it!). It's the only provider with a minimum 2.1 entry requirement and every single barrister I've spoken to said it's secretly (or not so secretly?!) known to churn out the best pupils.

Also have a few tutors who came here from ICSL - they said we are worked much harder here.

Make of that as you will :smile: I feel I made the right choice.

Bit of a different issue, but is BPP supposed to be better for the LPC than say, the College of Law?
Sorry RR I really don't know!
So how often do you go out, LuverlyLawyer? My BCL workload is so much more intense this term but least formal meals and things at college are built into that
LauraWalker
Excellent, boo to accounts though :wink: Your quickly learning the ropes of setting up a client account, then? Lucky you. I would apply for uni accommodation but a 15 min walk sounds ok. So do the BVC students really have no other life then?

That's what they claim and I have to admit they do seem pretty stressed. But I only know 3 or 4 people out of about 60 and they might not be representative of the group as a whole.
LauraWalker
So how often do you go out, LuverlyLawyer? My BCL workload is so much more intense this term but least formal meals and things at college are built into that

You are so into the formal halls! I thought all that "domine benedictus" stuff got kind of weird after the first few dinners...

Latest

Trending

Trending