The Student Room Group

just been rejected... :(

okay i told this guy that i liked him and he told me that he liked me but only as a friend. and i feel a lot worse than i actually thought i would. i didnt think i was reallly that into him myself, like we are really very different. hmm any advice how to make this feel better? also reading another post about girls asking guys out, this has really put me off from ever telling a guy i like them first/asking them out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OK, first of all not everyone is the same. Some guys will like you and other guys won't. Recently I turned down a friend who asked the same thing; I really do like him and can see nothing wrong with him as a person but there just isn't the spark that would start a relationship. (And I've just started seeing someone else - but were I to look at my mate from a single girl's P.O.V., this is still what I would say).

Don't be deterred! I've been rejected myself and I know how easy it is to be hurt by it and to take it personally - but then I met my new man. Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with you; this feeling will pass.
Reply 2
You have to look at this kind of thing as a game, that way it doesn't matter if you get rejected, coz it was only a game with yourself anyway. Does that make anysense? When I like a guy I flirt with him, and if he doesn't flirt back then I just lost that level, and you pick yourself up and start again.
Reply 3
Welcome to the reason why a lot of guys don't like asking girls out... not a nice feeling is it? I'm sorry for you, but there isn't a lot you can do but just accept it's not going to happen. Take solace in the face he didn't laugh at you and let you down gently. I don't mean to repeat an old cliché, but it's true: there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Chin up, you can do better anyway :smile:
Nix!
Welcome to the reason why a lot of guys don't like asking girls out... not a nice feeling is it? I'm sorry for you, but there isn't a lot you can do but just accept it's not going to happen. Take solace in the face he didn't laugh at you and let you down gently. I don't mean to repeat an old cliché, but it's true: there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Chin up, you can do better anyway :smile:
Clichés' are bad ;spank;!
Get over it girl. Guys get rejected all the time. If I had a pound for every time I was rejected in some way, Id be pretty well off (in a monetary sense). Then again if I had a pound for every time Ive been succesful I wouldnt be doing to badly either :wink: .
Reply 6
thank you for your replies. i guess im just slightly more disappointed because i thought he actually liked me back... spoke to him loads... lots of flirting and texting like every day. i dont know i think i have to wallow in self pity for a day first :smile:
eat loadsa ice cream and spend a day feeling sorry for yourself hehe hope you feel better soon :smile:
Reply 8
Yellowmarshmellow
eat loadsa ice cream and spend a day feeling sorry for yourself hehe hope you feel better soon :smile:

yeah that always works-i find chocolate is better!

we've all been rejected at some time and it does hurt but just try and get over him because he probably doesn't deserve you anyway! :smile:
Reply 9
Anonymous
okay i told this guy that i liked him and he told me that he liked me but only as a friend. and i feel a lot worse than i actually thought i would. i didnt think i was reallly that into him myself, like we are really very different. hmm any advice how to make this feel better? also reading another post about girls asking guys out, this has really put me off from ever telling a guy i like them first/asking them out.

What a dic*head! I personally would never reject a girl who makes the effort to ask me out.
Reply 10
aww just pick your self up and find another one ~:smile:
Reply 11
Abra
What a dic*head! I personally would never reject a girl who makes the effort to ask me out.

haha all guys should be like that :P

i didnt really ask him out - just asked him whether he liked me or not... oh well. you win some, you lose some.
i'm in a similar situation as I am also a girl and a boy turned me down however we I asked a mutual friend to ask him if he liked me so we never confronted each other face to face about it. He already found out I liked him beforehand and so told the mutual friend that he likes me but only as friends. I still talk to him however we've never talked about the situation. It hurts but as the days have gone by, I'm gradually getting over it. As everyone is saying there are plenty more fish in the sea! All the best x
Well done on being brave enough to say! I just found out a girl I liked sooooo much liked me back even though she showed absolutely zero signs of it! - at alone admitting it! So just forget about this boy and keep up good work!
Reply 14
aw im sorry to hear that anon 2.
yeah this guy said he guessed that i had liked him but he was still flirting with me so badly. i honestly thought he liked me back but i should be over it soon as it knew it probably wouldnt have worked out anyway. we spoke about it for like a minute... i dont think we will ever mention it again.
haha would be well funny/a shame if he starts liking me like that in a few months time... wont happen but i can dream.
Abra

You don't have any standards whatsoever? :confused: I don't see how the guy's a "dic*head," he just didn't like the OP in the same way that she liked him and let her down as gently as possible. He sounds like a perfectly nice guy tbh.
Reply 16
Abra

Why is the guy a dic*head? I've asked people out and been rejected and have been asked out and rejected them too. Nicely, I might add. I've also had an incident where the guy DIDN'T reject me but instead lead me on - trust me, that really blowed in the end.

I was rejected a couple of times before I was the rejecter and it does suck somewhat but trust me...this is just a blip. In time, you'll most likely end up rejecting people yourself and I doubt you'll think "omg what a loser!" whilst you do it (depends on the bloke in question of course, but we're talking about friends here).
just move on....no point feeling bad about it, as you wont benefit emotionally or finacially.

not everyone we like likes us back!
Reply 18
We've all been there sweetie! Just feel sorry for yourself for a bit; then go out, be fabulous, and enjoy the friendship.:biggrin: *Hugs*
Reply 19
It's amazing how much one month can change your life...

Latest

Trending

Trending