The Student Room Group

Sociology at University of Manchester

Hi,
I've confirmed UoM as my firm choice to start studying Sociology in September. Cant find a recent thread so thought id create one and see if anyone else is studying sociology here too?
Reply 1
Original post by fbousfield
Hi,
I've confirmed UoM as my firm choice to start studying Sociology in September. Cant find a recent thread so thought id create one and see if anyone else is studying sociology here too?

Hey!!! Same here, I couldn't find anyone else either haha i'm so excited. Do you have a conditional offer or an unconditional one? :smile: hope to speak soon!
Reply 2
Original post by inny!
Hey!!! Same here, I couldn't find anyone else either haha i'm so excited. Do you have a conditional offer or an unconditional one? :smile: hope to speak soon!

Heyy! My offers conditional on getting DMM but (without sounding big headed) I'm well on target to get that ! How about you? In really excited as well :smile:
Reply 3
Heyy! My offers conditional on getting DMM but (without sounding big headed) I'm well on target to get that ! How about you? In really excited as well :smile:

I'm on my gap year so i've already got a unconditional offer :smile: that's great!!! Sorry without sounding stupid but what's DMM? Do you think you'll do any outside of department modules, i'm thinking of doing a social anthropology module in first year :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by inny!
I'm on my gap year so i've already got a unconditional offer :smile: that's great!!! Sorry without sounding stupid but what's DMM? Do you think you'll do any outside of department modules, i'm thinking of doing a social anthropology module in first year :smile:

Ah right okay, that's so good!!And basically I do a BTEC course now so I have to get Distinction Merit Merit to meet the requirements! And I'm not sure, I definitely want to do something abit outside the course. And anthropology does sound really good!!
Reply 5
Ah right okay, that's so good!!And basically I do a BTEC course now so I have to get Distinction Merit Merit to meet the requirements! And I'm not sure, I definitely want to do something abit outside the course. And anthropology does sound really good!!

Oh that makes sense!!! I'm sure you'll do fine, what btecs are you doing? Yeah they have some interesting outside modules :smile: also are you applying for campus accommodation? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by inny!
Oh that makes sense!!! I'm sure you'll do fine, what btecs are you doing? Yeah they have some interesting outside modules :smile: also are you applying for campus accommodation? :smile:

I do health studies and social care! And no, ill be living at home? Are you applying for accommodation - of so where shouts are you from? :smile: :smile:
Reply 7
*abouts are you from
Reply 8
*abouts are you from

I'm from South West London :smile: oh cool your btecs definitely interlink with some aspects of sociology which is helpful. I took english lit/lang, french and sociology as a levels but i've forgotten pretty much everything haha that's what gap years do to you :wink: maybe it's easier to inbox, the thread is getting pretty long haha
Reply 9
Original post by inny!
I'm from South West London :smile: oh cool your btecs definitely interlink with some aspects of sociology which is helpful. I took english lit/lang, french and sociology as a levels but i've forgotten pretty much everything haha that's what gap years do to you :wink: maybe it's easier to inbox, the thread is getting pretty long haha

Hi, yeah it might be easier haha. So feel free to message me haha! :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending