The Student Room Group

Returning item without receipt

Hello :smile:

I received a Dorothy Perkins jacket as a gift but it doesn't fit. Would I be able to exchange it for a gift voucher? The jacket is in perfect condition with tags

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by HygieneTherapy15

I received a Dorothy Perkins jacket as a gift but it doesn't fit. Would I be able to exchange it for a gift voucher? The jacket is in perfect condition with tags

Legally speaking; No, you have no rights to return an item that doesn't fit (unless it was purchased online).

HOWEVER: Most shops will go beyond their legal obligations and allow such exchanges. You should contact the shop directly.
Original post by Reue
Legally speaking; No, you have no rights to return an item that doesn't fit (unless it was purchased online).

HOWEVER: Most shops will go beyond their legal obligations and allow such exchanges. You should contact the shop directly.

Thanks for the reply :smile: I'll go in and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reue advice is correct. I think they will most probably exchange it for something else for you .
Original post by Kutie Karen
Reue advice is correct. I think they will most probably exchange it for something else for you .

Okay thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No shop will accept returns without a receipt or some other proof of purchase and if they do it would be very irregular.
Original post by Soldieroffortune
No shop will accept returns without a receipt or some other proof of purchase and if they do it would be very irregular.

Would they let me exchange it for another item?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Would they let me exchange it for another item?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again I very much doubt it without proof of purchase due to the problems with theft etc. Its possible cant hurt to try and return/exchange it but i would be surprised if they did it im afraid.
Original post by Soldieroffortune
Again I very much doubt it without proof of purchase due to the problems with theft etc. Its possible cant hurt to try and return/exchange it but i would be surprised if they did it im afraid.

Okay thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've exchanged many an item without a receipt in Dorothy Perkins and other stores. You'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending