The Student Room Group

Astronomy GCSE.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marianne96
Congrats for your A! :clap2:

I did my Astronomy GCSE when I was in Year 10, and I got an A* :smile: I reeeally enjoyed the course - basically because I was interested it in the first place, so it made it slightly easier to retain the information.

For our first piece of coursework we had to complete a Moon Diary, which tracked the path and stages of the moon's appearance in the night sky, over 2 months. And the second piece was to produce a Moon Map, where we had to identify different features of the Moon e.g. craters, lunar maria, mascons, domes, wrinkle ridges and rilles etc.

With hard work and effort, it's quite easy to get near to full marks in coursework, which relieves a bit of pressure coming up to the exam - for sure!

It sounds really interesting! Well done on your marks! How long would you say it takes to do? Would it be sensible to do it in year 10 after 1 year of study or spread it over 2 years and do it in year 11? I'm going up to year 10 in September and am considering doing it outside of school but do not know much about it. Some advice would be really helpful! Thanks 😃🌙😋
Original post by loopy786
Exam is over (not allowed to discuss it) but still.... IT'S OVER! :biggrin: I'm quite upset, actually... the whole experience was fun! :smile:

Why aren't you allowed to discuss it?
Reply 42
look at http://astronomygcse.cf for an idea about what it is

Quick Reply

Latest