University of Oxford
Oxford

Pembroke College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Hi!
These are some Pembroke related websites you might find useful
http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk/ - The official website
http://www.pembrokejcr.com/ - The JCR website
http://www.pembrokemcr.com/Home/Home - The MCR website
http://www.answers.com/topic/pembroke-college-oxford - Little bit of background on the college and its famous alumni
http://www.talkrowing.co.uk/pcbc/ - The rowing club homepage, the college is quite big on rowing, and has loads of novice teams (four mens and four womens this year, I think.)

And these are some of the current TSR members
Shinyhappy (Me, Coralie)- Biological sciences- 2006-2009
Tom Holder (Tom) - PPE - 2004-7
Scatterbrain - Maths & Phil - 2005-9
Rachel-linguist- Combined languages degree 2006-2010(?)
EmChem - Chemistry 2006-2010(?)
There are a few more too, will add them as soon as I remember their usernames. There are also several people who've just got offers, so will give good advice about interviews, I'll track them down and put them on too.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and the others are a friendly bunch.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've put some better pictures up now - some of around college, the top half of one of the common rooms, a college kitchen, and some of the buildings. As soon as I find some decent pictures of rooms, that don't have lots of drunken/posing people on them, I shall put them up.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Now I've got the hang of putting photos up, here are a few more!
Reply 3
Cool, thanks for posting this. :smile: Nice to finally see a pic of a room!
Reply 4
Wow so it's actually a proper double room then... @ Jesus double room means that you both have an individual (tiny) bedroom linked by a massive sitting area and with a shared bath and shower, and the same front door.
Reply 5
nice pictures.. thanks man
Reply 6
Looks horrid.
Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
The room I stayed at during my interview was much nicer. Had large windows, high ceilings, ensuite bathroom and everything.

Does anyone know when you need to get the accommodation stuff sorted out btw?
Possibly the worst room in Oxford.
Reply 10
Possibly the worst room in Oxford.

Clearly you haven't seen Jesus' Ship Street accomodation :wink:
I don't see what's so wrong with it - you have room to work, you have room to sleep, and it's clean... problem?
It does look a bit grotty. And you have to share. Hmm.
Reply 12
shinyhappy
Right, hopefully this has worked!
A couple of you were asking about rooms at Pembroke, this is the picture of the one I stayed in during interview. It was supposed to be a shared room, so I'm afraid its not typical, but the others that I saw were in a similar style but scaled down for one person!

wow I can't beleive you have to share bedrooms at Oxford....that's horrible.
Reply 13
Well yeh the sharing came as a surprise (see my post above) i've never known an Oxford student actually sharing a bedroom before...
Reply 14
Bekaboo
Clearly you haven't seen Jesus' Ship Street accomodation :wink:
I don't see what's so wrong with it - you have room to work, you have room to sleep, and it's clean... problem?

Loool Ship Street's rooms are so tiny... but, well... cozy... i think... in their own way! :p: A bit claustrophobic maybe...
Reply 15
*shrugs* I stayed in a room at New College during a shadowing course, and it was horrible. This one was heaps better. Again, it was a shared room (this was during term-time, so presumably no-one actually had to stay in it.) Oh and I didn't have to share during my time at interview - I don't know of anyone who was there at the same time as me who had to.
TBH, the photo doesn't really do the room justice, it was very big, had a large mirror, and a fitted double wardrobe. Beds weren't up to much though. Don't know what they actually do about bedclothes, but if I get in, I'm definately taking my own duvet and stuff!
I didn't mind the rooms, they certainly looked a hell of a lot better than accomodation at other unis I looked round!
Reply 16
kalen
Loool Ship Street's rooms are so tiny... but, well... cozy... i think... in their own way! :p: A bit claustrophobic maybe...

Hehe let me guess - you've only seen one?
There's massive variety and nobody's really quite sure why - I mean you get e.g. Room 11 is narrow enough that the gap between the desk and the bed is about the same width as the bed - i.e. the entire room is less than 4m across - probably closer to 4. On the other hand 18 is a good 4.5m across and probably double that in length
Reply 17
Haha, yeah, I saw my friend's room and I think it must be a number 11! lol!
Reply 18
Ooo I'm intrigued - who's your friend?
Reply 19
hehe don't know if you know him as he's a grad. His name's Paolo, really friendly guy, half Italian, longish hair, is in my course doing Psych and going off to Kings for med school next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending