The Student Room Group

Which area of the IT industry has the least competition?

As in the area with the least amount of people venturing into

Posted from TSR Mobile
The areas in the IT industry that have the least competition are the same areas that are very difficult and don't have many jobs, like R&D, A.I, etc, so if you're wanting to enter these areas so you have a better chance you'll still find it very difficult.

An area that isn't particularly difficult to learn that some employers claim they find most challenging to recruit are Quality Assurance engineers.

You could also look into learning old languages such as COBOL to work on legacy systems, as it's a dying language - literally, the experienced programmers that maintain them are retiring/dying.
Original post by T.I.P
As in the area with the least amount of people venturing into
Posted from TSR Mobile

I see your thinking. The advise I would offer is don't be scared. Sure, there is (some) competition out there but employers are often looking for personality on top of ability. Personality types within IT are wide and varying but individual companies tend to look for similar personalities. Some are after cool funky types whilst others prefer the quiet-get-on-with-their-job types.

The other thing to think about is looking out for smaller companies. We really struggle to recruit in the shadow of the big corporates because we don't have whole teams of people whose only job is to recruit grads.

There is loads of work out there. You just have to keep trying!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending