The Student Room Group

How did you find this year's C2 (EDEXCEL)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BenGeorge
It was much harder than c1 imo. I spent forever on some questions so I didn't have time to check my work. There were only 2 questions which I couldn't do (proving the cost and finding A+B) I got like -96 and 48 or something for A and B but I don't think its right as I couldn't factorize.

I got that answer too and then couldnt factorise so there must be something up
Original post by TeeEm
Wow!
people are voting hard/very hard

I did not expect this for a C2

How come??
Hey it wasn't too bad but then again I'm a retake student. I screwed up the last question and took the square root of 25 instead of the cube root and so lost about 2/3 mark there apart from that Alhamdulilah it was good :smile:
Reply 23
I managed to factorise, take out a factor of 3 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by jakelong1001
How come??

C2 tends to be mild
(last 12 papers in a row have been very easy)
Reply 25
I think it was -48 then you could factorise (as a quadratic then taking out a constant then the diference of two squares)
Original post by BenGeorge
It was much harder than c1 imo. I spent forever on some questions so I didn't have time to check my work. There were only 2 questions which I couldn't do (proving the cost and finding A+B) I got like -96 and 48 or something for A and B but I don't think its right as I couldn't factorize.

I got that!
I reckon it is not too bad but very tricky...
Reply 28
May I know would this vote affect the grade boundaries?
Feeling excited for the results :smile:
Reply 30
Hardest paper I have ever sat through
I'm in year 13 and did this exam as a retake, and I found last year's one much easier. I don't know how it was so hard seeing as i'm getting A/Bs in C3 and C4 >.> praying for low grade boundaries :cry2:
What were edexcel thinking, they must be crack whores
Made one really dumb mistake on the question asking to solve for cos in terms of k, but other than that I found it okay. The circle questions didn't seem as bad this year either. I was hard but I think last year was probable worse. Hopefully my mark went up anyway.
Original post by winstar
May I know would this vote affect the grade boundaries?

Lol! If only! Nah it depends on everyones results rather than their opinions
Reply 35
Original post by Mwo
I got that answer too and then couldnt factorise so there must be something up

It was a difference of two squares!!
You divided 3x^2-48 by 3 to get x^2-16

That's x+4 x-4
Reply 36
Original post by mis786
It was a difference of two squares!!
You divided 3x^2-48 by 3 to get x^2-16

That's x+4 x-4

ah right

heres hoping i get some marks for working out -48 and -96
The A-Level Mathematicians on Twitter seem to agree with this poll. Weird, need to see this paper.

In the meantime, I will be preparing myself for a horror C3/C4.
I thought the paper was slightly harder than the ones I did before (so I voted OK).
But I think I did quite well, probably around the 72 mark. With Q8 (the one with putting Cosx in terms of k) the one where I probably dropped marks. :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Mwo
ah right

heres hoping i get some marks for working out -48 and -96

You definitely will!! You will only lose one mark I think!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending