The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology Unit 1: 5 Markers

Hi guys, this is a thread for predicting and giving a model answer for potential five markers for tomorrows exam. I haven't ever seen asthma come up as a five marker out of all the lung diseases. What do you guys think?
Not sure, possibly! I think vaccination and immunity will be a big question!
Could be on advantages/disadvantages of SEM microscope?? only TEM has ever come up
Reply 3
In papers I've done other than biol so far aqa have been reusing past questions so I'm not so sure it will be on something completely new
Reply 4
I've seen a few immunity questions (phagocytosis, vaccines), cardiac cycle, how a specific circulatory disease can lead to death, comparing types of microscopes, and a few on types of transport (not sure if that's unit 2 though, mind is a little hazy), and ORS.

Teacher's been having us practice questions on TB and cholera as well, seems to think that'll be something that might come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scitty
I've seen a few immunity questions (phagocytosis, vaccines), cardiac cycle, how a specific circulatory disease can lead to death, comparing types of microscopes, and a few on types of transport (not sure if that's unit 2 though, mind is a little hazy), and ORS.

Teacher's been having us practice questions on TB and cholera as well, seems to think that'll be something that might come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What 5 marker came up?
Reply 6
Original post by Cute.kool
What 5 marker came up?

Christ this is an old thread :redface:

It ended up being: "Describe and explain how cell fractionation and ultracentrifugation can be used to isolate mitochondria from a suspension of animal cells."

And: "Describe the principles and the limitations of using a transmission electron microscope to investigate cell structure."

The former was a bit of a curve ball, IIRC, but the latter was no biggie.
Original post by Scitty

It ended up being: "Describe and explain how cell fractionation and ultracentrifugation can be used to isolate mitochondria from a suspension of animal cells."

And: "Describe the principles and the limitations of using a transmission electron microscope to investigate cell structure."

Thanks. Um would u happen to kno if there was any sphere question ??
Reply 8
Original post by Cute.kool
Thanks. Um would u happen to kno if there was any sphere question ??

Sphere question???

You can check the paper over yourself: it's listed on AQA's legacy Biology section under BIOL 1 June 2015.
Original post by Scitty

which paper was that on?
Reply 10
Original post by shira malkin
which paper was that on?

Please read the thread before commenting, it'd save us both time.

I already stated above that it was the June 2015 AQA Biology Unit 1 paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending