The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

St Catherine's College (St Catz) (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
madtaz
What supermarkets are closest to St Catz?

What about sports facilities, are they near to the college and is membership at a reasonable price?

Thanks.:smile:

There's a Sainsbury's local in the centre and a larger Sainsburys in the Westgate shopping centre. Tesco's is on Cowley Road. The bigger Sainsburys and Tesco are about the same distance from Catz. I think more people go to Sainsburys because its more convenient.
There's a gym on site which is free to use. You'll also find a gym at Iffley Road sports centre (the sports centre for Oxford Uni). There's a weights room, cardio room and swimming pool. I'm not sure what the price is though. Its all on the Oxford sports webpage.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 121
Are there nice running paths, e.g. parks etc.?
Reply 122
So the rent is the same for every room, about how much is that then?
Have read all that "balancing the books" stuff and i seem to have missed all of this!
MikeyT should be getting paid by oxford for being so helpful :smile:
Reply 123
Cou_rage
So the rent is the same for every room, about how much is that then?
Have read all that "balancing the books" stuff and i seem to have missed all of this!
MikeyT should be getting paid by oxford for being so helpful :smile:

Its costs just under £850 a term (about £14 per night). I'm not sure if the rent is going up again for next year. If it does then look at adding on £50 per term.
Reply 124
mikeyT
Its costs just under £850 a term (about £14 per night). I'm not sure if the rent is going up again for next year. If it does then look at adding on £50 per term.

Are there any tips as to how I could get ensuite in my first year etc.?
Reply 125
Mauve
Are there any tips as to how I could get ensuite in my first year etc.?

You could ask all the current second years to choose non ensuite rooms for next year but thats not going to happen. Other than that you can't do anything.
Reply 126
mikeyT

That is more expensive than central london.

:frown:

The beds had better be comfy.
Reply 127
Cou_rage
That is more expensive than central london.

:frown:

The beds had better be comfy.

I know. But you only have to pay in term time so it works out to be £2550 a year.
Some of the beds aren't that comfy. You might want to bring a mattress topper or something. The only problem with that is the beds in the old quad are narrower and a little longer than a normal single bed, so they might not fit on perfectly.
Reply 128
mikeyT
I know. But you only have to pay in term time so it works out to be £2550 a year.
Some of the beds aren't that comfy. You might want to bring a mattress topper or something. The only problem with that is the beds in the old quad are narrower and a little longer than a normal single bed, so they might not fit on perfectly.

..... :s-smilie:
Reply 129
also
:s-smilie:
Reply 130

....But it's all worth it, right? :P
Reply 131
Cou_rage
....But it's all worth it, right? :P

Lol, we'll see.
Reply 132
Eau
Lol, we'll see.

haha...
:rolleyes:
Reply 133
Okay my chance of going to Oxford is diminishing - did crap on a physics prac! Omg I couldn't have imagined that a single exam could be so stressful!
Reply 134

Ah, Eau, know how you feel... 3 A's never looked so unlikey for me, it sucks...
But i'm sure your physics prac can't have been that bad? make up for it in the written papers.
Reply 135
Cou_rage
Ah, Eau, know how you feel... 3 A's never looked so unlikey for me, it sucks...
But i'm sure your physics prac can't have been that bad? make up for it in the written papers.

Thanks. Yeah, written papers hopefully. Maybe, I'm just being very pessimistic about everything right now due to stress? :mad:

Good luck on your exams if you have any! :wink:
Reply 136
Question: is there internet access in every room and is internet activity supervised very strictly? E.g. you cannot download TV episodes from downloading agents (Limewire) to your computer?
Reply 137
Eau
Question: is there internet access in every room ?

Yes
Reply 138
Has anyone recived any letter from Oxford explaing when we start (some time in October I presume?)?
Reply 139
josh77
Has anyone recived any letter from Oxford explaing when we start (some time in October I presume?)?

You won't get the letter and info pack until the end of July to end of August. The academic registrar is busy dealing with exams stuff for finalists and first years with prelims at the mo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending