The Student Room Group

AS further maths

Hi, so I was wondering about taking AS further maths alongside my A2's next year. But is it even worth the extra effort? I want to study Econ/maths at uni so it would be beneficial but I don't know if unis really care or will acknowledge it for the effort it's worth. Also, what possible combinations are there for the AS? On the AQA website it says fp1 and then 2 applied units for the AS, but what if I wanted to take 3 fp units or 2 fp units and 1 applied. I don't particularly enjoy the type of maths in the applied units and my college will likely drop me on decision which looks boring as hell
Reply 1
Original post by Jupers
Hi, so I was wondering about taking AS further maths alongside my A2's next year. But is it even worth the extra effort? I want to study Econ/maths at uni so it would be beneficial but I don't know if unis really care or will acknowledge it for the effort it's worth. Also, what possible combinations are there for the AS? On the AQA website it says fp1 and then 2 applied units for the AS, but what if I wanted to take 3 fp units or 2 fp units and 1 applied. I don't particularly enjoy the type of maths in the applied units and my college will likely drop me on decision which looks boring as hell

I don't know how interested unis would be in it (well, all would consider it beneficial but it may only be particularly useful in getting an offer if you're applying to very good unis).

All those combinations are valid, anything involving FP1 is fine basically (our college teachers AS further maths as FP1, 3 and 4), as long as your college can do it for you :smile:
Some Unis i have seen expect atleast an AS in FM if you're college offers it, i'm taking ox/cam/imp

Quick Reply

Latest