The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Social life in Edinburgh?

I'm making my firm and insurance choices, and I'm deciding between Edinburgh and Exeter. I think I will most likely go for Edinburgh because it seems that the teaching is better and I will get more work done. I want to study German and English Lit with Philosophy as my third subject. I was just wondering what kind of people I would be most likely to come across. I like being social, but only in moderate amounts, I don't really go out with large groups of people because it makes me tired (introversion yay). So, is it very social or no?
You'll come across all different types so you'll probably just find a group of people you can connect with.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
It's very easy to create your perfect circle of friends. For example I've got my mates on my course (including my flatmates), mates from societies and a few other here or there. I believe my social life couldn't be better, and I would hope you could create that
Reply 3
Original post by UPSDGoat
It's very easy to create your perfect circle of friends. For example I've got my mates on my course (including my flatmates), mates from societies and a few other here or there. I believe my social life couldn't be better, and I would hope you could create that

Ah, that's good then. I know that obviously in every uni there will be different kinds of people, but as a general rule there are differences in personalities between the north and the south (I live in London so I see all kinds of people haha). But thank you :P
Reply 4
Original post by Cactus97
I'm making my firm and insurance choices, and I'm deciding between Edinburgh and Exeter. I think I will most likely go for Edinburgh because it seems that the teaching is better and I will get more work done. I want to study German and English Lit with Philosophy as my third subject. I was just wondering what kind of people I would be most likely to come across. I like being social, but only in moderate amounts, I don't really go out with large groups of people because it makes me tired (introversion yay). So, is it very social or no?

I think your choice in Edinburgh is correct, so yay for heading towards the right decision! :biggrin: English lit here is especially good.

There are SO many types of people here, I cannot possibly narrow it down. You see very posh types, hippie-ish types, people into comics and video games, people that love art, sporty folk, international students, scottish students, english students... etc. If you are introverted, you can still make friends. Maybe join a few small societies based on your interests to meet people. Also, it will be quite easy to meet people on your course and in your halls! Honestly, you will be fine and you will meet people that are your 'ideal' kind of friend group.
Reply 5
Original post by Ambry
I think your choice in Edinburgh is correct, so yay for heading towards the right decision! :biggrin: English lit here is especially good.

There are SO many types of people here, I cannot possibly narrow it down. You see very posh types, hippie-ish types, people into comics and video games, people that love art, sporty folk, international students, scottish students, english students... etc. If you are introverted, you can still make friends. Maybe join a few small societies based on your interests to meet people. Also, it will be quite easy to meet people on your course and in your halls! Honestly, you will be fine and you will meet people that are your 'ideal' kind of friend group.

That's great to hear! Thank you, I'm really looking forward to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending