The Student Room Group

Maths AQA Core 2 difficulty poll.

Poll

How difficult did you find the AQA C2 exam today?

How difficult did you find the exam today?

Scroll to see replies

not hard. but a lot harder than it should have been.
Original post by Heffalump .
How difficult did you find the exam today?

I don't think it was difficult at all but the main reason for that is because i've done c3 and c4.
just to give you an idea, i've done about 5 past papers on core 2, and averaged around 60-70 marks. none below 60. and on this one, i'm expecting around 50 marks.
Reply 4
i hated it hope the grade boundary is low
Reply 5
Was hoping for >70 on this paper:frown:( I think I got around 68
Was hoping for >70 on this paper:frown:( I think I got around 68

i reckon that 68/69> will be 100 ums
Reply 7
Original post by miniman1997

Really?? I would have thought it would be around 93..
67 last year was 100 UMS, and I wouldn't have thought that this years was as hard.. Although that log question -.-

Whatd you think 64/75 will be in UMS? nedd 240 in AS for an A* overall :smile:
67 last year was 100 UMS, and I wouldn't have thought that this years was as hard.. Although that log question -.-

The last one? I got n = -1/4 and n= 3/2 did you get thar? :smile:

I don't think it was as hard as last year but the way they worded the questions this year mislead people so more mistakes so I think fairly same as last year, I got the log question, only one i didn't get was the tan one, done a whole page and scribbled it all out, it pissed me off ahhhh
Original post by HennersPD
The last one? I got n = -1/4 and n= 3/2 did you get thar? :smile:

Didn't even do it haha:')
I looked at it and was like 'nope' and moved on :')
I don't think it was as hard as last year but the way they worded the questions this year mislead people so more mistakes so I think fairly same as last year, I got the log question, only one i didn't get was the tan one, done a whole page and scribbled it all out, it pissed me off ahhhh

A lot of people found the tan one difficult, I managed to get the tan one.. how many marks was it worth 3?
Annoyed about the log question, I didn't even know where to start with that one.. I think I may have got one for method.. but nevermind, and I lost 3 marks on stupid mistakes >:frown:(((
Whatd you think 64/75 will be in UMS? nedd 240 in AS for an A* overall :smile:

I reckon about 93ish
Didn't even do it haha:':wink:
I looked at it and was like 'nope' and moved on :':wink:

I didnt get the a in terms of k question? I put rhs in terms of loga so loga2 - loga3 as thats the same as 2/3 right? What mark do you think youve got? What will be 64/75 in ums do you think?
Gor this for the a in terms of k question?! Where did i go wrong? :/1432133377643-1951730411.jpg
A lot of people found the tan one difficult, I managed to get the tan one.. how many marks was it worth 3?
Annoyed about the log question, I didn't even know where to start with that one.. I think I may have got one for method.. but nevermind, and I lost 3 marks on stupid mistakes >:frown:(((

I tried everything for tan one and just couldn't get it, yeah was worth 3, only 3 I think i lost, yeah if you attempted it and had a good go, you'll get at least one mark, normally i lose marks on silly errors, but i took my time on this paper and done it slow with 10 mins to spare so no bad
I didnt get the a in terms of k question? I put rhs in terms of loga so loga2 - loga3 as thats the same as 2/3 right? What mark do you think youve got? What will be 64/75 in ums do you think?

I got a=(k/2)^3/2 I think
You had to remember that for logab=c
b=a^c
I think I got around 68/75? I lost 4 on the logs questions, and 3 on stupid mistakes.. >:O
I think 64 will be around 86/87 UMS?
(edited 8 years ago)
I reckon about 93ish

Ah ok whatd you think youve got? :/
I tried everything for tan one and just couldn't get it, yeah was worth 3, only 3 I think i lost, yeah if you attempted it and had a good go, you'll get at least one mark, normally i lose marks on silly errors, but i took my time on this paper and done it slow with 10 mins to spare so no bad

Yeah the only two marks I lost for C1 were stupid mistakes >:O so close to a full house. So frustrating I always triple check and miss them every time >:frown: :':wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending