The Student Room Group

physics or chemistry?

At A-level which is harder overall, chemistry or physics?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

About the same I'd say. Put the hours in and you'll manage either way. Chemistry might require more memorisation.
To me, Chemistry is an absolute nightmare.
But overall, Physics is the worst and hardest to score an A in
If you find Maths a breeze, then Physics probably will be easier.
I don't personally find Chemistry hard since I like its balance of application and knowledge but most people I know regret taking it. Then again, so do most people who take Physics. :tongue:
Original post by DistantTraces
I don't personally find Chemistry hard since I like its balance of application and knowledge but most people I know regret taking it. Then again, so do most people who take Physics. :tongue:

Most people who take physics regret it? :facepalm:
Original post by manal_mansoor
To me, Chemistry is an absolute nightmare.
But overall, Physics is the worst and hardest to score an A in

Posted from TSR Mobile
^This.
Reply 7

A valid point. One I agree with.
Original post by Patrick2810
Most people who take physics regret it? :facepalm:

Out of the people I know, yes.
Reply 9

Definitely wrong. Majority of students taking maths+physics find physics harder.

Personally find physics more challenging so would say take chemistry. Providing you're interested in both subjects.
Reply 10
Two points I think are important:

Physics is more understanding-based.
For Chemistry, it really helps to be a visual learner and good at picturing/manipulating shapes in your mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending