The Student Room Group

Unseen poetry? Not for me ;)

This Monday I had opened my AQA English Literature paper to only find out that the unseen poem, wasn't unseen for me. On the Friday before the exam as practice my teacher got a random poem on elderly people off of the internet. We got to read and interpret the poem in class, so on Monday I had remembered everything we said in class, so my class and I found the poem question extremely easy.

But I am absolutely dumbfounded because the chances of my teacher picking a random poem and it coming up on an unseen poetry paper is one in a million.
'grats
Original post by web-girl
Isn't everybody doing their AQA English Literature poetry on the 22nd of May??

I am. Any exam tips how to do well? How do you structure your writing etc?
Reply 3
Original post by Muffscuit
I am. Any exam tips how to do well? How do you structure your writing etc?

There are many different ways to structure poetry, they all should work fine. My teacher taught us LISTEN

Language
Imagery
Structure
Theme
Emotive language
Narrative.

Basically, we were told to comment on each one of those things above, with each thing forming a new paragraph. But make sure at the end of it you link your point to the question so that the examiner knows you have understood the question.
What was the unseen poem that you did this monday? The name of the poem?? For AQA
Original post by Ashahwe7
This Monday I had opened my AQA English Literature paper to only find out that the unseen poem, wasn't unseen for me. On the Friday before the exam as practice my teacher got a random poem on elderly people off of the internet. We got to read and interpret the poem in class, so on Monday I had remembered everything we said in class, so my class and I found the poem question extremely easy.

But I am absolutely dumbfounded because the chances of my teacher picking a random poem and it coming up on an unseen poetry paper is one in a million.

Which poem was that!? I thought everyone had their poetry exam this Friday.

Was that the foundation paper? Definitely AQA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending