The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Lafrowda Ensuite vs. Standard

Hi everyone,

I have been looking on the Exeter accommodation website at the virtual room tours and have noticed a massive difference between standard and ensuite lafrowda rooms. :/ Personally I have no problem sharing a bathroom as I'm used to it already but the room quality in ensuite is like a dream compared with standard.

Are all standards rooms really breeze block and concrete??? Would you say the virtual tours are an accurate representation of the rooms available? I have heard that 'old' lafrowda has been updated, is this ensuite or not and what have they actually done to the room?

Also descriptions of rooms/pics would be nice :smile: Thanks!!

Virtual Tour link: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/virtualtours/
Yes, they look like they look on the virtual tours. Standard Lafrowda rooms are in older blocks (like, 60s-70s); the updating that's been done is in terms of things like the furniture/kitchen (if you look here, there's a really old virtual tour of what it looked like before any of that was done, so you'll see what I mean. None of the rooms or kitchens look like that anymore, and externally it's quite different, too - a lot, lot, lot has changed since then. I'm just linking to it because you asked what had been done to it when it was updated!). If anyone says 'old' Lafrowda they mean standard Lafrowda, and it isn't en-suite.

En-suite Lafrowda are newer blocks (like, three or four years old, I think).
(edited 8 years ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Persipan
Yes, they look like they look on the virtual tours. Standard Lafrowda rooms are in older blocks (like, 60s-70s); the updating that's been done is in terms of things like the furniture/kitchen (if you look here, there's a really old virtual tour of what it looked like before any of that was done, so you'll see what I mean. None of the rooms or kitchens look like that anymore, and externally it's quite different, too - a lot, lot, lot has changed since then. I'm just linking to it because you asked what had been done to it when it was updated!). If anyone says 'old' Lafrowda they mean standard Lafrowda, and it isn't en-suite.

En-suite Lafrowda are newer blocks (like, three or four years old, I think).

Thanks for that! Bit of a shame as to be honest I'm not bothered about going ensuite but would love to have a room like those with ensuite (all new and clean looking). It's just a huge price jump at an extra £35 a week which I could spend on other things.
Maybe look at Birks townhouses? You get the same sort of room as an ensuite, but the bathrooms are on the landing shared one between two, and the price is inbetween Lafrowda standard and ensuite...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending