The Student Room Group

Ocr core science b1 c1 p1 higher tier 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i said the waves may be intercepted/blocked or not able to diffract enough...I didn't really know what to write
I'm hoping I got just enough for an A but I'm not sure
Original post by Tamzie
I got 30 degrees. The formula was energy/(specific heat capacity*mass) I think.. And then you had to add the answer to 20 degrees.

Yeah got the same answer :smile:
I did the foundation and that was tough for me
Reply 23
Original post by Gdfr
i said the waves may be intercepted/blocked or not able to diffract enough...I didn't really know what to write
I'm hoping I got just enough for an A but I'm not sure

Same i hope i got an A. Fingers crossed.
I was wondering what grades I would need on each paper to get an A overall. I got a B on my controlled assessment.
Reply 25

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by ouatislifex
I was wondering what grades I would need on each paper to get an A overall. I got a B on my controlled assessment.

I got a B on my controlled assment too :P I believe i got 38 or 39.. Not sure haha. Based on previous gcse exams and my mock exams i think you'd need around 22 for a C, 31 for a B, 39 for an A and 47 for an A star
Reply 27
Original post by staro62

Spoiler

There were 3 6 markers. First one in bio was about sweating and how it decreased youe body temperature and how excercising increases your temperature. Second one i cant remember and third was about speficic heat capacity and describing a table of results about specific heat capacity
Reply 28
Original post by Tamzie
There were 3 6 markers. First one in bio was about sweating and how it decreased youe body temperature and how excercising increases your temperature. Second one i cant remember and third was about speficic heat capacity and describing a table of results about specific heat capacity

i did a physics two exam today at it was like describe the structure of an atom for the 6 marker it was good
you get 3 6 marker???
whoa bit extreme
hope you did well:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by staro62
i did a physics two exam today at it was like describe the structure of an atom for the 6 marker it was good
you get 3 6 marker???
whoa bit extreme
hope you did well:smile:

Woah I'd love to have 6 markers like describing atom structures :O
How many 6 mark questions do you get? Thank you :smile: Good luck on your exam!
Hey everyone! I was just a bit curious, I might be wrong but here it goes...
In the 6 marker for physics, it stated that Emily changes the intial temperature pf the water, but when I referred back to the table the intial temperature was 20 degrees every single time. Was it just me or did you guys find the question a bit dodgy?
Original post by Rabia.Nishat
In the 6 marker for physics, it stated that Emily changes the intial temperature pf the water, but when I referred back to the table the intial temperature was 20 degrees every single time. Was it just me or did you guys find the question a bit dodgy?

I thought the question was just really confusing and I had read it about 1273 times

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Tamzie
Woah I'd love to have 6 markers like describing atom structures :O
How many 6 mark questions do you get? Thank you :smile: Good luck on your exam!

only one i did AQA :smile:
Reply 33

I got 30 degrees for the answer xD It didnt seem dodgy to me but idk xD
Original post by Tamzie
I got 30 degrees for the answer xD It didnt seem dodgy to me but idk xD

The working out was great, it was juat the question itself, because when I read through the question, the the intial temperature was always 20 degrees, but according to Emily, she changed the tempeeature every time she repeated the experiment...
Reply 35
The working out was great, it was juat the question itself, because when I read through the question, the the intial temperature was always 20 degrees, but according to Emily, she changed the tempeeature every time she repeated the experiment...

What the hell xD I didn't even notice that o.o what a dodgy question xD
Original post by Tamzie
What the hell xD I didn't even notice that o.o what a dodgy question xD

Haha! To be honest, I now feel like I've gone crazy.
Reply 37
i did pretty well i think... dont know why you guys think its hard..
im in year 9 and have the b1 c1 p1 exam (2015) as an end of year would you be able to shed some light on some questions i should look into in revising and what were the tricky 6 markers?
Reply 39
Original post by chris2791
im in year 9 and have the b1 c1 p1 exam (2015) as an end of year would you be able to shed some light on some questions i should look into in revising and what were the tricky 6 markers?

Lwarn about sweating and make sure your able to re-arange formulas for specific heat capacity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending