The Student Room Group

Higher chemistry 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wordshark
Got identical (except 6 but I know your right on that one) so you've probably got somewhere around full marks on that.:biggrin:

Wooo :biggrin: Yeah I was a bit unsure about 6 but I think it was in our prelim or something haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 981
where is section b?
Original post by chopinfan
Anyone agree/disagree with some of these now they can see the paper?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from a few I can't do in my head then it looks good
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by langlitz
24 should be D. Apart from that and a few I can't do in my head then it looks good

Thanks! I thought B was a bit too simple... Shouldn't a polyester be made of diacids and diols though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I thought D was a bit too simple... Shouldn't a polyester be made of diacids and diols though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry yeah it is B, I was thinking it was more complicated than it actually was haha
Original post by langlitz
Sorry yeah it is B, I was thinking it was more complicated than it actually was haha

Hahah that's fine, yeah I know what you mean. I did the same thing at first lol. Thanks for looking over it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wooo :biggrin: Yeah I was a bit unsure about 6 but I think it was in our prelim or something haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was tossing it up between C and D and went for the wrong one in the end :redface:
This year I just want to beat my prelim scores. Last year I went from A1s in my science prelims to A2s. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it's always nice to see improvement and not regression (please >91%)
No probs man :smile:
I was tossing it up between C and D and went for the wrong one in the end :redface:
This year I just want to beat my prelim scores. Last year I went from A1s in my science prelims to A2s. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it's always nice to see improvement and not regression (please >91%)

Aww haha, only 1 mark though :wink:

I was the opposite last year haha. Went from like 80% in prelims to over 95 in exams (dunno about bio though). Meh I'm not too bothered about bands :redface: Think I did better in prelims than I have in exams this year though. Plus I think I've scraped an A (hopefully!) in my best subject, maths, which is a bit annoying. Pretty sure I won't get close to an A in English though haha - no idea how I did well last year. I'm terrible at it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww haha, only 1 mark though :wink:

I was the opposite last year haha. Went from like 80% in prelims to over 95 in exams (dunno about bio though). Meh I'm not too bothered about bands :redface: Think I did better in prelims than I have in exams this year though. Plus I think I've scraped an A (hopefully!) in my best subject, maths, which is a bit annoying. Pretty sure I won't get close to an A in English though haha - no idea how I did well last year. I'm terrible at it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll have done great! English is one of those subjects where you always do better than you think you did and the folio can really boost your grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got 32/40 based on your answers. Might be one or two more, but I forgot what answer I put. Not too bad, I think I have done really good in section B so here's hoping for that A.
I'm sure you'll have done great! English is one of those subjects where you always do better than you think you did and the folio can really boost your grade.

Haha thanks :smile: Stranger things have happened I guess! Yeah my folio was alright, hopefuly that'll bring it up a bit.

When do you go back to school? I have a week's holiday now yass :biggrin:
Original post by AzarFan
I think I got 32/40 based on your answers. Might be one or two more, but I forgot what answer I put. Not too bad, I think I have done really good in section B so here's hoping for that A.

That's really good! Not sure if my answers are 100% correct though, although langlitz has looked over the ones which weren't calculations so they at least should be okay. Yeah I'm sure you have an A :smile: Section B wasn't as good as multiple choice for me (still okay though). Not really sure how they'll mark some of the more open-ended questions, like the amylose vs amylopectin one. Oh and I had no idea why water needed to be present for the sodium hydrogencarbonate reaction thing - what did you put for that?
Haha thanks :smile: Stranger things have happened I guess! Yeah my folio was alright, hopefuly that'll bring it up a bit.

When do you go back to school? I have a week's holiday now yass :biggrin:

1st of June unfortunately. If only my school were as sensible!
That's really good! Not sure if my answers are 100% correct though, although langlitz has looked over the ones which weren't calculations so they at least should be okay. Yeah I'm sure you have an A :smile: Section B wasn't as good as multiple choice for me (still okay though). Not really sure how they'll mark some of the more open-ended questions, like the amylose vs amylopectin one. Oh and I had no idea why water needed to be present for the sodium hydrogencarbonate reaction thing - what did you put for that?

Hmm, I cant quite remember. If anyone has the paper it might help me remember but seeing as it took this long to get multiple choice I doubt we'll get it :P.
I think the boundaries might get lowered by 1 or 2 marks, everyone in my school except a few found it really hard although most on here found it fair.
(edited 8 years ago)
I found something off yahoo answers (not the best of sources I know) but it says the water is needed to ionise (dissociate) the acid into ions which are then able to move freely and react.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I got everything the same as you except
3) A
16) A
17) B
18) D
31) D
I've guessed them so I'm pretty sure they are wrong, anyone explain them?? :smile:
Original post by annie05
image.jpgimage.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Thanks! Have you got section B?
Hi guys, just wondering if one of you guys could make an accurate mark scheme for this, thanks! http://imgur.com/a/NeUvd (It's the Nat5 paper)
Reply 999
What did people put for the question that asked how many amino acids (something like that) made up the polyamide? and also the second last question asking why starch was added?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending