The Student Room Group

Hardest A level exam you took so far?

Scroll to see replies

I'm predicting it'll be chemistry tomorrow.. History and psychology questions were lovely, I just didn't answer them well :smile:
Original post by Ozzin
OCR C2

I did this as well it was horrible
ocr english lit
Original post by Lularose83
I'm predicting it'll be chemistry tomorrow.. History and psychology questions were lovely, I just didn't answer them well :smile:

Oh I damn well hope chemistry is pure gold tomorrow...
Original post by Angelo12231
Oh I damn well hope chemistry is pure gold tomorrow...

Same here, although judging by the mess that was biology, I'm doubtful. :frown:

ffs OCR :frown:

Tbh despite a few people saying it will be 47 for an A, I actually think it will be more like 41. Some questions on that paper... the 5 marker could have easily been a 2 marker without even changing the bloody question.

Heck the components of the plasma membrane could've been the 5er
(edited 8 years ago)
ffs OCR :frown:

Tbh despite a few people saying it will be 47 for an A, I actually think it will be more like 41. Some questions on that paper... the 5 marker could have easily been a 2 marker without even changing the bloody question.

Yes! I literally wasted months of revision time on the whole stupid specification, yet they choose questions on 10% of it:frown: I had so much more knowledge to give.. my performance on that was just embarassing
Reply 27
History Unit 1 Edexcel

What was biology like? I have a friend that did it but he won't take a minute out of his chemistry revision to tell me -.-
Yes! I literally wasted months of revision time on the whole stupid specification, yet they choose questions on 10% of it:frown: I had so much more knowledge to give.. my performance on that was just embarassing

You have no idea! the pain I went through memorising mitosis and mass flow, inspiration and expiration (which is pretty straight forward). In fact, all they gave us on inspiration etc was a calculation question which many people got either 13/14/15 so roughly 2/3 would have got it wrong. There won't be a range because it was a specific. I don't think the second part was even in my test book, had a grind through my brain to pull out 0.4 as an answer.

They covered the whole spec... but they covered it in the vaguest detail and it really was NOT tested in a way that would encourage good grades to come out of it.

I leave you with this: Superventicular tachycardia.
(edited 8 years ago)
You have no idea! the pain I went through memorising mitosis and mass flow, inspiration and expiration (which is pretty straight forward). In fact, all they gave us on inspiration etc was a calculation question which many people got either 13/14/15 so roughly 2/3 would have got it wrong. There won't be a range because it was a specific. I don't think the second part was even in my test book, had a grind through my brain to pull out 0.4 as an answer.

They covered the whole spec... but they covered it in the vaguest detail and it really was NOT tested in a way that would encourage good grades to come out of it.

I leave you with this: Superventicular tachycardia.

I feel for you! The most frustrating thing for me is that I remember reading about foramen ovale:frown: just completely forgot about it in the exam.

Good luck with the rest of your exams:smile:
Reply 31
2014's Edexcel C4 was a right bugger of a paper, as was FP2.
Original post by lukejoshjames
What was biology like? I have a friend that did it but he won't take a minute out of his chemistry revision to tell me -.-

It was the kind of exam where you open the first page and get stumped on the first question. The questions weren't appallingly difficult, but the wording was atrocious! There was a table question which was easy but it took me 5 minutes to work out what the heck they wanted! The heart questions seemed hard at the time, but looking back had simple explanations. (Eg supra ventricular tachycardia/ Foramen'ovale)
The heart questions seemed hard at the time, but looking back had simple explanations. (Eg supra ventricular tachycardia/ Foramen'ovale)

Erm... Yeah, easy :P I don't do biology so that seems pretty challenging to me, but it sounds like it was more of a paper where the wording was the main obstacle.
WJEC Biology BY1 today.
Only done 3 exams so far though (excluding general studies)

Quick Reply

Latest