The Student Room Group

textiles a level exam 2nd june

Hi guys! So I'm getting nervous about the textiles exam in the 2nd June, I literally feel as though I know nothing... Wondered if anyone had any study notes or any revision ideas? I find reading the great big cutting edge textbook too difficult to read!
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Last year my whole class flopped it so we are all retaking - there are some good things on YOUTUBE if you type in a level textiles and get revising has some good stuff. Compare all your notes to the spec too.
and the textiles 'bible' is helpful
Reply 3
That's really helpful I will have a look on YouTube, thank you!!!
Taking this exam tomorrow and let's just say I'm not looking forward to it! Do any of you have any tips or key information I should know? I know it's all important but is there anything you think will come up etc...
Thanks!!
im taking the exam tomorrow too, feel like i know absolutely nothing because there is so little resources out there!
I havent revised any history of textiles, do you think I'll need to or can i wing it?
Couldn't agree more, and the grade boundaries are crazy! Over half marks for just an E?!
Original post by cokeinamug
I havent revised any history of textiles, do you think I'll need to or can i wing it?

I've revised 2 hours max, still so much I don't know. Depends how much you know I guess...
Original post by emily32311
Couldn't agree more, and the grade boundaries are crazy! Over half marks for just an E?!

whaaaaat? OMG IM GOING TO FAIL
Original post by littlechicklet
whaaaaat? OMG IM GOING TO FAIL

I'm sure you will be fine!
What did you get in your coursework? My teacher didn't even give us our grades -_-
Original post by emily32311
I'm sure you will be fine!
What did you get in your coursework? My teacher didn't even give us our grades -_-

oh um i have no idea? i didnt even know our coursework was marked yet! i honestly have the worst teacher ever:frown:
Reply 12
I got a B for my coursework, but over half marks for an E ?!? You have to be joking omg I literally know nothing :frown:((((
Reply 13
Original post by littlechicklet
oh um i have no idea? i didnt even know our coursework was marked yet! i honestly have the worst teacher ever:frown:

I seem to have looked over so much information but I just can't retain it. Ahhhhhh
Not to stress you as this wasn't the case for all people - I 99/100 in coursework last year and then got a U in the exam and just got a C but my whole class got a U in the exam...hence why I'm retaking 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the exam is just really hard and it's made harder by the fact there is still topics my teacher hasn't taught me and the exam is tomorrow. Never mind it's too late to worry now I guess! Good luck everyone :smile:))
Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 17
Good luck everyone!!
Hope it goes well for you all - so nice finding other people in the same situation as me!
So, how did you guys find it? x

Quick Reply

Latest