The Student Room Group

So many natural hair forums, no relaxed hair forums?

Hi everyone,
I am a brand new hair and beauty blogger from London. I decided to start blogging because I have noticed there seems to be an uprising of natural hair forums and blogs, which I am so unbelievably proud about as natural hair definitely gets under represented in the media, so it is great that so many people have come up offering support.

I have no found that relaxed hair has become the new niche. UK Afro-Caribbean blogs are on weaves, extension brands, how to make a wig, and of course natural hair from scratch. I really feel there should be more help out there for those of us still addicted to the crack that is relaxed hair as of course we know it requires just as much help and care as natural hair does.

This is what my blog is about. Just wanted to open a new forum dedicated to this. So if you are with me, what hair products are my relaxed haired Nubians using? How do we keep our hair strong and healthy? What are our tips and tricks?

Here is my blog for anyone interested. Much Love
https://rosieshairandbeauty.wordpress.com/
Original post by rozyshair&beauty
Hi everyone,
I am a brand new hair and beauty blogger from London. I decided to start blogging because I have noticed there seems to be an uprising of natural hair forums and blogs, which I am so unbelievably proud about as natural hair definitely gets under represented in the media, so it is great that so many people have come up offering support.

I have no found that relaxed hair has become the new niche. UK Afro-Caribbean blogs are on weaves, extension brands, how to make a wig, and of course natural hair from scratch. I really feel there should be more help out there for those of us still addicted to the crack that is relaxed hair as of course we know it requires just as much help and care as natural hair does.

This is what my blog is about. Just wanted to open a new forum dedicated to this. So if you are with me, what hair products are my relaxed haired Nubians using? How do we keep our hair strong and healthy? What are our tips and tricks?

Here is my blog for anyone interested. Much Love
https://rosieshairandbeauty.wordpress.com/

I think as far as relaxing hair goes it's losing its popularity because we now know its not good for our hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
I think as far as relaxing hair goes it's losing its popularity because we now know its not good for our hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do have a really good point, and tbh I wish I wasn't addicted to relaxing it, but over 10 years of doing it every two months, its sad but it is almost all I know.

I would say my hair is healthy, but it takes the right care and attention, and maintenance. So I thought I would write about it
You do have a really good point, and tbh I wish I wasn't addicted to relaxing it, but over 10 years of doing it every two months, its sad but it is almost all I know.

I would say my hair is healthy, but it takes the right care and attention, and maintenance. So I thought I would write about it

Fair enough yeah it seems that weave and braids are becoming more and more popular.
How do you keep your hair if you don't mind me asking?
How do you keep your hair if you don't mind me asking?

Me? Its natural low cut about this length.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me? Its natural low cut about this length.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMGOODNES your hair is lovely! You are certainly a good advertisement for why a girl should go natural!
OMGOODNES your hair is lovely! You are certainly a good advertisement for why a girl should go natural!

Nooo that's not me lol that's what it looks like :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nooo that's not me lol that's what it looks like :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: :colondollar: oooh I see!!! Well I am sure it is as lovely haha!
:biggrin: :colondollar: oooh I see!!! Well I am sure it is as lovely haha!

Aww thank you very much :biggrin:
I followed your blog! I spent a few years hanging with "the naturals" as 2 of my friends are quite well known in the industry so tried the natural thing. I missed my relaxed hair. I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I don't feel "shamed" about it and tbh I believe healthy hair is all that matters. Check my blog when you get a chance x

www.thenubianrapunzel.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
I followed your blog! I spent a few years hanging with "the naturals" as 2 of my friends are quite well known in the industry so tried the natural thing. I missed my relaxed hair. I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I don't feel "shamed" about it and tbh I believe healthy hair is all that matters. Check my blog when you get a chance x

www.thenubianrapunzel.com

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww hello!

Thank you so much for the follow! I literally love your blog and I am so happy you have introduced me to it. Really look forward to your up and coming posts xxx
Awww thank u Hun!

Aww hello!

Thank you so much for the follow! I literally love your blog and I am so happy you have introduced me to it. Really look forward to your up and coming posts xxx
I've heard relaxers are very damaging :s-smilie:
Original post by bassbabe
I've heard relaxers are very damaging :s-smilie:

Hiya,

Yes you are totally right, they are lol.

However, so is dying hair, straightening hair, blow drying hair. Yet many women can do all of that and still have a healthy head of hair.

I kind of think it is just how much time and effort you choose to put in to hair that will determine the health of your hair. That's why I do feel like there should be more to help girls who choose to keep their hair relaxed.

That's what drove me to do a blog and this thread tbh.
Hiya,

Yes you are totally right, they are lol.

However, so is dying hair, straightening hair, blow drying hair. Yet many women can do all of that and still have a healthy head of hair.

I kind of think it is just how much time and effort you choose to put in to hair that will determine the health of your hair. That's why I do feel like there should be more to help girls who choose to keep their hair relaxed.

That's what drove me to do a blog and this thread tbh.

I'm scared to get one,I've heard too many horror stories lol :redface:
Loool I definitely understand how you feel. Your hair from your picture looks lovely and healthy natural so yeh, probably wouldn't need to
Your natural hair is sooo pretty. Ignore that lady..don't take any of her words to heart. Some people just like to hear useless noise coming out of their mouths.

Quick Reply

Latest