The Student Room Group

AQA Conflict poetry help?

Hey guys. I have my english AQA literature exam on Friday at 9 AM. Im wondering, whats the easiest ways to revise for these exams? we've only just finished the poems in class, and i havent had time to get a mock marked ( except one way back in December which i messed up on - 6/36! D grade :frown: ) so im effectively going in blind regarding how good i am. I know ive improved since december, but i need more revision. Whats the best ways to do this and the best structure to use in the exam to answer the question?

Also, kinda off topic but if i were to get an A on coursework, A on AIC and OMAM but like a C on poetry what would my final grade come out as? I feel as if i did very good on AIC and Ok on OMAM, but as the boundaries last year were really low ( like 20/30 on each for content with a spag of 4) i feel as if i got the A.

So, which is the best way to revise and if i got the grades ithink i did what would i end up with on the results slip in August

Many Thanks

Daniel :biggrin:
Hey,

I do OCR English Lit, not AQA, but the way i'm planning to revise is to go over the notes I've made on each poem and perhaps do a couple of practice essays, which I'll get my friend to "mark" and give me feedback.

In the exam, I will annotate the poem first. I'll then do a quick plan by ordering the points that answer the question, with key bits of info next to it. I can just write the essay from that brief plan. For each point, do PEEL- Point Evidence Explanation Link. Try and analyse all of the quote you choose- e.g. sounds, connotations of word, structuring of the word in relation to the poem, etc

I can't predict your grades, so sorry about that.

Good luck in the exam :smile:
there's a teacher on YouTube called Mr Birch who has videos, they're for OCR spec. but some of them on language techniques are good :smile:
I'm reading over my notes, making notes for the poems we haven't done (we've got 5 left and only 3 come up :angry:) and making sure I know key points for each poem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending