The Student Room Group

Muslim girls: What do you wear in the summer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thatstar
Yes I have. Have you heard of offering actual suggestions that are realistic, or the fact you're not a Muslim "girl"? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait.. what wasn't realistic about his suggestion? it's an option since it's clothing wear arguably suitable for in the summer :rolleyes:
Original post by King Boo
Darth Vader costume like the rest of the year.

such a close minded response, lol just shows how ignorant you are.
It'd help if you gained some knowledge before posting offensive comments, especially ones where your derogatory opinion is not required.

Also for your information, i'd much rather preserve my modesty than become a slave to keeping up appearances and making sleazy males drool at the sight of my body.
Original post by madiyahz
such a close minded response, lol just shows how ignorant you are.
It'd help if you gained some knowledge before posting offensive comments, especially ones where your derogatory opinion is not required.

Also for your information, i'd much rather preserve my modesty than become a slave to keeping up appearances and making sleazy males drool at the sight of my body.

I guess it is helpful if you can't be bothered to shave your upper lip or leg hair - and I'm not closed minded or ignorant.

Besides, I have a fetish for women covered head to toe. So keep doing what your doing ladies, I dont need to see skin to drool.
I guess it is helpful if you can't be bothered to shave your upper lip or leg hair - and I'm not closed minded or ignorant.

Besides, I have a fetish for women covered head to toe. So keep doing what your doing ladies, I dont need to see skin to drool.

Your despicable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fatima.R
Your despicable

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :colone::colone:

Woah u really are blinded... Ur the reason y we bother dressing modestly wen we knw ppl like u think such disgusting thoughts everytime they see something remotely feminine. Seriously can't u control ur desires??
Original post by Mockingjay2101
Woah u really are blinded... Ur the reason y we bother dressing modestly wen we knw ppl like u think such disgusting thoughts everytime they see something remotely feminine. Seriously can't u control ur desires??

Nope. Its what comes with being male, I'm a slave to my unrelenting lustful desires.
Nope. Its what comes with being male, I'm a slave to my unrelenting lustful desires.

And u dnt even give two ****s.Great. Not even gna bother arguing bac my point...
And u dnt even give two ****s.Great. Not even gna bother arguing bac my point...

Why would you even want to argue lol? How does it affect you with what I think or who I sleep with anyway? We get one chance to live on this Earth, and I am damn well going to enjoy my time here with all the earthly pleasures I can get, and not give two ****s about what other judgemental humans or some potential Deity thinks.

Besides, if you hadn't clocked on I was trolling. Don't take what people say on the internet so seriously lol. :driver:
Why would you even want to argue lol? How does it affect you with what I think or who I sleep with anyway? We get one chance to live on this Earth, and I am damn well going to enjoy my time here with all the earthly pleasures I can get, and not give two ****s about what other judgemental humans or some potential Deity thinks.

Besides, if you hadn't clocked on I was trolling. Don't take what people say on the internet so seriously lol. :driver:

Same old outlook on life, wat u believe affects me in no way btw, and u go ahead and do tht...
Same old outlook on life, wat u believe affects me in no way btw, and u go ahead and do tht...

Trololololololol
Trololololololol

Right.
I think everyone just needs to compose themselves a little.

Hi there, as for the summer outfit advice- I think Mochasassin gave a good response, so I'd recommend going for that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by The two eds
This is a genuine question:

Being Muslim do you not have to be completely covered in a burqa throughout the whole year?

No...of course not. In some Arab countries they encourage you too or its obligatory. But if you see me on the streets, I look like a typical British teenage girl! And I'm Muslim too, I do certainly do not have to wear the burqa by any means. It's purely my choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Mochassassin
Me too! Casual is the best. Also, it's really easy to mix and match casual things to make them work for all occasions! Reminds me of non-uniform days at school when we'd dress like we're going to a red carpet event and now at uni...it's just put on a pair of jeans, a hoodie, Converse and done!

I hope you have a lovely holiday (if your family decide to go)! :biggrin:

Oh my gosh i know right! Non uni days were like showing of to the max, best designer clothes, trendy shoes and hair and makeup. And now everyone is just hold it, bit*** ain't got no time for that 😂 jeans all da waaaaaay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Could always go with the seasonal halloween outfit of a white sheet. Gets the job done! Pumpkin optional.

ghost1.jpg

Haha ummm...interesting suggestion. Though I guess that would attract more attention than just wearing nothing xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
surely it (what they normally wear) gets uncomfortable for them in the heat of an Arab summer
Reply 37
Long skirt and top/vest/crop?
Original post by Thatstar
No...of course not. In some Arab countries they encourage you too or its obligatory. But if you see me on the streets, I look like a typical British teenage girl! And I'm Muslim too, I do certainly do not have to wear the burqa by any means. It's purely my choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So the burqa is completely a cultural choice rather than religious choice? I have been told by multiple Muslims (All male if that makes a difference), that Muslim girls must be covered almost completely from ankles to head with visibility for the eyes.

I do not understand. I have some Muslims telling me it is haram to not do so and some saying it is ok. Surely there is a simple verse stating if it is or not in the Quran?
Maxi dresses/maxi skirts. For me personally abayas

For the bonus question, no i probably wouldn't choose to even if it was permitted :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending