The Student Room Group

Natwest Credit Card - Using it for Euros

Hi guys.

I currently have a Natwest Student Credit Card, and I phoned them earlier to try and get the remainder of my balance onto my debit card so that I could buy euros. They told me that I was only able to transfer £70 from my credit card to my debit card.

Although, this was not possible as I'm apparently limited to transferring money, and I think the woman said the rest was for purchases? (I might be wrong).

So I have £250 left on my card, and my initial thought was to use it on-line on the likes of Asda currency, or Tesco. (they were offering the best rates) and get the euros delivered & accept the fees on top for using credit, although my payment was rejected?

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
don't know where to start on this - Asda and Tesco rarely offer the best rates on currency http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

and using credit cards can be a very expensive way to get money http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

I dont know anything about your particular credit card but I suspect the problem is their fees would mean you couldn't get as much money as you think.
Why would you do a cash advance from credit card to debit card, you'll be charged 2% a day on the withdrawal balance.

Use the card abroad and pay off when you get home.
Agree with tehfrance here, why on earth would you want to use a cash advance on your credit card in this manner when you can simply use the credit card? either way if you're dead set on doing this theres a few ways around getting a cash advance simplest being buy something expensive then return it but get the refund in cash [not all stores allow this though] im tired so cant be bothered to write down the rest but google the subject of getting money from a credit card without doing a cash advance theres a fair few ways.
But main point do not use cash advance unless you have no other means of getting well cash, i only did that once and that was abroad and there were extenuating circumstances but it costs a lot of money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending