The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenAryela
Fat women date fat guys. Simple.

Tell 'your friend' to go to a bakery, or a buffet or somewhere where there is a likely chance they would be.

Either that or go to a library. There will be some 'nerds' there just wanting a girl no matter what they look like as they are slightly desperate and craving to know what sex feels like.

Did you meet your boyfriend in a library?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
K den so we got the 'big boned' excuse, if you lose weight and you have large hips/chest you would have nice curvaceous stature, which a lot of people love, more so than the bunch of stick women people encounter eating celery salads all day.

OP's friend gets turned down because she's fat, she wants advice on how to get a man she likes, what do you think the answer to this is? She may find somebody she likes that likes her back but considering it's gone to the point that a thread has to be made a serious change needs to be done, either in her approach or how she looks.

Anyway I can confirm that you are #salty

I never said I was big boned. I said I've never been skinny. Yes, I'd be that fantastic curvy figure that everyone loves but I'm not existing for other people's pleasure?

Take note that the lovely lady who is struggling to find a boyfriend is not the one who made a TSR thread about it - it's her 'friend' who is soooo bothered about her friends weight and appearance that it's kinda worrying that she's looking at the real issue here.

Salty? From being covered in all that cum from all that sex I'm having with my boyfriend even thought I'm not what society thinks I should be? Okay. I'll be salty.
Original post by Anonymous
She has asked us for advice (not on how to lose weight, but how to find a bf) hence why I said in the OP "what advice should I give her". I'm not going to go into detail but there's also a reason I said I feel she resents me and the other girls, she often says stuff along the lines of "eat a burger" or "skinny (b-word)" to some of them. Jokingly but when you make jokes like that all the time it's rude. I would never call her the same kind of things about overweight girls.

Having said that I've known her since freshers and don't want to say mean things to her if it's out of insecurity, but she often complains about things like being tired all the time too (the other day we all had to catch a taxi early from shopping because she was stroppy and said she "couldn't walk any more" around town) and then won't take care of her health.

Good for you, I'm a size 6 with big boobs too :five:

I don't give a **** about your size. That doesn't define your worth. I mentioned mine before the suggestion of bias.

If she wants advice she can get it herself. Why on earth would you post for her? What are you both 14? Don't you have anything going on on your own life?

My god am I sick of this fat shaming masquerading as caring about the person. Saying you care about her health is obvious bull****. She isn't so big that her health is in immediate danger. No way would you call out other friends on this basis for having a few drinks or other unhealthy behaviour. Her life doesn't appear to be negatively effected. AND even if you did care about her health, you wouldn't be being so bitchy by saying 'she's says she walks a lot lol' etc. Focus on your own damn life.

If you tell her you want her to go to the gym and she doesn't but complains about being fat, get over it! You can't honestly tell me that that's such a big deal that is outweighs the other parts of your friendship cos that's just a lie. Friends often complain about changeable things - girls might be very fussy about who they date and complain there's no nice guys, guys might say they hate their job but not quit. It's called being human. Unless she's on at you constantly which she's not as she acts confident (flirts, posts stuff) then why are you focusing on this so much?

I get a taxi when I can't walk anymore. She has the right to do that without her friends judging just because she's bigger than them. That's a mild inconvenience to you and not like she refuses to do things because she's bigger. Maybe she would be more secure if her friends loved and supported her instead of being mega *******s?

You know and I know she would be upset if she read your posts. FOCUS ON YOUR OWN LIFE. This is not being supportive.
Original post by jam277
So you've tried to set her up? That's very nice of you :smile:

Knee pain probably would be less if there was less weight on her actual knee, not a dig but if there's more weight on your joints you're going to be in more pain, which then makes it harder to lose weight...

I think reality needs to come down on her, if she's happy the way she is then fine, but if she's complaining about not having a guy and she's just neglecting the most obvious solution then you should leave it.

Yeah :smile: Mostly advice though because we have asked a few of the single guys we know and they've been like "She's nice but maybe not my type" so we've told her we don't know any single guys looking for a gf right now.

I guess :dontknow: I know what you mean yep, I had to go with her to hospital because her knee pain is chronic and sometimes it's quite bad apparently
She didn't say "can you help me lose weight" but she kept asking us "do you think i dress right for my figure?" etc.

That's fine to say, many people say that even though they're not overweight, underweight people say that too.
She seems proud of her body but when we do stuff like go shopping for clothes she asks if stuff makes her look slimmer :dontknow:

Then clearly she is not proud of her body, if she asks whether she looks slimmer?
Would you recommend online dating? I don't want to tell her to sign up and then she gets a lot of guys being dicks over her weight :eek:

Yep some guys definitely prefer girls her size it's just trying to find them I think :smile:

Some guys will be dicks but likelyhood is that if there is a guy on a dating site that likes her they will actually want her, dating sites are full of men wanting any woman, while women may want a guy and they'll be much more specific, similar to the situation of a club but intensified due to the relative anonymity of the website.
She's pretty (red hair too) and is popular/chases guys so why can't she find a bf then? (srs)

Yeah she's not super obese but often complains about being tired/out of breath.

I don't know, maybe she comes across as annoying, maybe it's something else, maybe the guys she's chasing have other preferences. I just don't know.

Her fitness sounds very poor if she's that easily out of breath, she should try to change it now whilst she's still young and it's easier (if she wants to change that is)
Original post by AvaAdore
I don't give a **** about your size. That doesn't define your worth. I mentioned mine before the suggestion of bias.

If she wants advice she can get it herself. Why on earth would you post for her? What are you both 14? Don't you have anything going on on your own life?

My god am I sick of this fat shaming masquerading as caring about the person. Saying you care about her health is obvious bull****. She isn't so big that her health is in immediate danger. No way would you call out other friends on this basis for having a few drinks or other unhealthy behaviour. Her life doesn't appear to be negatively effected. AND even if you did care about her health, you wouldn't be being so bitchy by saying 'she's says she walks a lot lol' etc. Focus on your own damn life.

If you tell her you want her to go to the gym and she doesn't but complains about being fat, get over it! You can't honestly tell me that that's such a big deal that is outweighs the other parts of your friendship cos that's just a lie. Friends often complain about changeable things - girls might be very fussy about who they date and complain there's no nice guys, guys might say they hate their job but not quit. It's called being human. Unless she's on at you constantly which she's not as she acts confident (flirts, posts stuff) then why are you focusing on this so much?

I get a taxi when I can't walk anymore. She has the right to do that without her friends judging just because she's bigger than them. That's a mild inconvenience to you and not like she refuses to do things because she's bigger. Maybe she would be more secure if her friends loved and supported her instead of being mega *******s?

You know and I know she would be upset if she read your posts. FOCUS ON YOUR OWN LIFE. This is not being supportive.

CBA to respond to that rustled essay, she has asked us for advice #tldr
Original post by SallySparrow66

Salty? From being covered in all that cum from all that sex I'm having with my boyfriend even thought I'm not what society thinks I should be? Okay. I'll be salty.

Lmao

@The Shed End

There you go lad, that's what being #salty is
Yeah :smile: Mostly advice though because we have asked a few of the single guys we know and they've been like "She's nice but maybe not my type" so we've told her we don't know any single guys looking for a gf right now.

I guess :dontknow: I know what you mean yep, I had to go with her to hospital because her knee pain is chronic and sometimes it's quite bad apparently

Yeah, fair enough. You've done your bit tbf.

Suggest she goes swimming, that's not too tasking on your knee and you can lose a lot of weight via that avenue. In all honesty without knowing her there is no way I can advice on the situation bar the obvious.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Lmao@The Shed End There you go lad, that's what being #salty is
#SaltySparrow
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
That's fine to say, many people say that even though they're not overweight, underweight people say that too.

Then clearly she is not proud of her body, if she asks whether she looks slimmer?

Some guys will be dicks but likelyhood is that if there is a guy on a dating site that likes her they will actually want her, dating sites are full of men wanting any woman, while women may want a guy and they'll be much more specific, similar to the situation of a club but intensified due to the relative anonymity of the website.

Well sometimes I want stuff that makes me look a different way, but yeah she does ask it all the time :dontknow:

I've heard some guys on dating sites start nice then get rude if a woman is overweight or something and rejects them, it might be worth a shot though. I thought it was mostly people in their late 20s/30s who went on them? :smile:
Lol :tongue:

aside from her weight is she doing everything else right? (being forward with guys even ones she doesn't know too well) etc

Just looks desperate, but as turbocretin says, not the main problem.
Original post by J1mRileyp0rnStar
How do I find a fat gf??

pls answer

antoniobanderas.gif

enjoy band camp lmao, aware
Reply 72
"Friend" and as others have said, it's very simple. Just lose weight.
Original post by jam277
@Depleted @fallen_acorns @TornadoGR4 thoughts?

I'd agree she should lift and hit the treadmill.

x

girl the size of the OPs picture will have no trouble getting a boyfriend. If that is the only 'issue' then there is nothing to make a thread about.

Millions and millions of girls that size and larger are in relationships.. and I was honestly expecting something properly big for a thread to be made. }

100% guarentee that there are actually other problems that are stopping her being able to find a partner, and she/(maybe even the boys) are just using her weight as an excuse.

Maybe its that she lacks confidence/is inseccure about her weight?
Maybe something about how she acts when she first meets people puts them off?
Maybe you are biased as her friend, and she actually has a really ugly face?
etc. etc.

If she is the same weight as the girl in that picture, then you need to look for another problem, as I bet a solid 80% of guys on this forum and in society, would date that girl.
ask to go gym with her or something.
Well sometimes I want stuff that makes me look a different way, but yeah she does ask it all the time :dontknow:

I've heard some guys on dating sites start nice then get rude if a woman is overweight or something and rejects them, it might be worth a shot though. I thought it was mostly people in their late 20s/30s who went on them? :smile:

Yeah this can be true for some guys. But even more so, it seems like they hate anyone who calls themselves a feminist online too.

Quite a lot of 18-24 year olds on there, from my experience and people I know. And contrary to somewhat popular belief, it's not because they can't get any "in real life" :tongue: :tongue:
Original post by Ozzin
"Friend" and as others have said, it's very simple. Just lose weight.

Lmao I've had enough people ragging on me ITT for being "too mean" to my friend that I think it's pretty obvious I'm not her
Reply 77
Confidence is attractive to some men even if the girl is fat. However maybe because your friend flirts shamelessly, she probably appears intimidating over confident and kinda too desperate. Especially because she is overweight, it is easier to assume that and no one really likes desperate people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by law123abc
ask to go gym with her or something.

tried hinting it's "fun" but apparently even the cycling class will be "full of disgusting sweaty muscular men" :tongue:
She puts down the fork.

Latest

Trending

Trending