The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a U in a subject! and never put it on there??X
Reply 21
Amberoo

well U is unclassified so it doesn't exist anyway lol.
Reply 22
Thank god!x
Reply 23
Amberoo

If you've failed a subject (i.e. score a "U"), you don't have to declare it, since it's not certificated.
Reply 24
kellywood_5
Tell them anyway, but no, I doubt they'll care about one D in a short course GCSE.

emailed Shef and Kent and they were both fine with it, lol its all good now.
Reply 25
Amberoo - I hate to put a dampener on it - but if your grade U was from an exam board with which you have other exam grades and therefore on a certficate with other subjects you DO have to declare it and it will be seen negatively if you do not do so.
Reply 26
gentoo
Amberoo - I hate to put a dampener on it - but if your grade U was from an exam board with which you have other exam grades and therefore on a certficate with other subjects you DO have to declare it and it will be seen negatively if you do not do so.

but you can't actually declare a U can you, as by its own name its Unclassified
If you get a U, you don't get a certificate because you haven't passed, so you didn't get a qualification to certificate.
I didnt declare p.e and i got a d does that really make that much differnce?
hi slight change of tune ere but on the same lines..
on my ucas application i didnt add two qualifications that i attained at college , an NVQ 2 and a basic city and guilds.
will this affect my chances??
to b fair i was told by my employer that the nvq 2 and the city and guilds were realli pretty basic and thus hardly worth the paper they were written on??

help!!!!

cheerz
Reply 30
charliehelyes

You are legally obliged to declare it. We are in no position to determine if your decision to state the grade, or otherwise, will make "much difference" to the outcome of your application.
Reply 31
chris_chivers1
hi slight change of tune ere but on the same lines..
on my ucas application i didnt add two qualifications that i attained at college , an NVQ 2 and a basic city and guilds.
will this affect my chances??
to b fair i was told by my employer that the nvq 2 and the city and guilds were realli pretty basic and thus hardly worth the paper they were written on??

help!!!!

cheerz

I know nothing about the qualifications you mentioned above. If you think that declaring them would benefit your application, then do it. It certainly can't hurt.
charliehelyes

It means the unis have the right to withdraw their offers if they find out you withheld information on your UCAS form, so I'd tell them if I were you. I doubt a D in PE would put them off anyway.
Knogle
I know nothing about the qualifications you mentioned above. If you think that declaring them would benefit your application, then do it. It certainly can't hurt.

:ditto: Whether or not you have to declare them depends on whether or not it's all qualifications or just GCSEs and whatever you're using to meet the entry requirements, eg A-levels/IB/BTEC. It might say somewhere on the UCAS website.
Reply 34
Alex_K
If you were certificated in a subject you have to put it down.

Hey! You just completely freaked me out! I took my IGCSEs but I got 2 C's in Bio and Physics, so I didnt write them down on my UCAS form.. 1st of all I dont need biology for the courses I am taking, 2nd of all a C in physics didnt really make my application look much better, sicne I need a higher grade coz Im applyin for engineering courses. Does this mean my applications will be declined just coz I didnt write down all of my IGCSEs..? If so,is there anythin I can do to add them....!!?? The apllications have alrwady been sent off! Help!? Thank you..
Agnes..
Reply 35
charliehelyes

yeh do what i did, and tell them After youve made ure firm and insurance by then they'll love you so much for puttin X as ure Firm etc that they won't take it away lol
Reply 36
agatalas70
Hey! You just completely freaked me out! I took my IGCSEs but I got 2 C's in Bio and Physics, so I didnt write them down on my UCAS form.. 1st of all I dont need biology for the courses I am taking, 2nd of all a C in physics didnt really make my application look much better, sicne I need a higher grade coz Im applyin for engineering courses. Does this mean my applications will be declined just coz I didnt write down all of my IGCSEs..? If so,is there anythin I can do to add them....!!?? The apllications have alrwady been sent off! Help!? Thank you..
Agnes..

I was in a similar position. I forgot to include one of my O-level subjects on my UCAS form and didn't realise until after I had submitted it last week.

Though I didn't think the qualification would do much to strengthen my application (it was also a C), I really didn't want to risk having the entire application cancelled over something so small.

I just sent a polite email to each of the unis I had applied to informing them of the mistake and most of them have already responded, confirming that the info would be attached to my application.
agatalas70
Agnes..

Phone UCAS and then phone/email/write to all your unis to get these grades added.
Reply 38
At the end of the day, its up 2 u whether or not you want to disclose a qualification to the university....and for people to say your application will be withdrawn for not putting a grade down is completely absurd!!!!!
Reply 39
pjamesg
At the end of the day, its up 2 u whether or not you want to disclose a qualification to the university....and for people to say your application will be withdrawn for not putting a grade down is completely absurd!!!!!

its at the universities discretion to remove their offer, if they find out you disclosed grades from them.

Latest

Trending

Trending