The Student Room Group

Men and women - can you honestly say you don't judge this look?

I'm getting a bit fed up of people assuming I'm vain or ditsy on the basis that I take care of myself and am slim with large breasts. I feel like people don't always take me seriously and in a job where I have to be a hardass I feel I have to work extra hard to prove myself and negate the stereotype

Has anyone else experienced this or would you admit to automatically thinking 'bimbo' ? I just want to know how much of it is in my head!

I've noticed this happen with men too in the project I used to work.

Scroll to see replies

you mean men in your project being uber-attractive like you (and more suited to the catwalk instead of an office?)
To answer your question, I would judge. I would see you as more of a potential girlfriend / **** buddy instead of a colleague or professional person. Sorry. Just the way my brain is wired these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lewif002
To answer your question, I would judge. I would see you as more of a potential girlfriend / **** buddy instead of a colleague or professional person. Sorry. Just the way my brain is wired these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's ok, is there anything that would deter you from thinking like that?

I dress professionally but there is little i can do to hide my frame.
Original post by AvaAdore
It's ok, is there anything that would deter you from thinking like that?

I dress professionally but there is little i can do to hide my frame.

I was going to say try mixing up the dress sense but you just covered that yourself. Just make sure you have no 'lady parts' on show. I don't know, it's difficult, a young, attractive women is always going to be idealised by men, and unfortunately for you, not in a professional way. Just dress well, don't wear excessive make up and be professional.

Most of all... Enjoy it! Lol. In 10 years time you'll be asking where all the time & attention went as the new, young girl starts work so you may as well embrace it whilst you have it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
you mean men in your project being uber-attractive like you (and more suited to the catwalk instead of an office?)

I didn't say I'm 'uber attractive'. For example when i started at my current company people made small comments here and there, which I ignored, but I hyeard a few of them discussing the new girl in the kitchen. Men were calling me hot making no comment on my demeanour and the girls were saying I wouldn't last five minutes and it's unprofessional for me to 'parade around' in front of clients - I was wear a high neck shirt, knee length pencil skirt and blazer jacket. Ridiculous. I'm slim with tits, I dress the best I can.

With stuff like this it just means i have to put my foot in people's asses a lot more at work. I'm on the defence.
I didn't say I'm 'uber attractive'. For example when i started at my current company people made small comments here and there, which I ignored, but I hyeard a few of them discussing the new girl in the kitchen. Men were calling me hot making no comment on my demeanour and the girls were saying I wouldn't last five minutes and it's unprofessional for me to 'parade around' in front of clients - I was wear a high neck shirt, knee length pencil skirt and blazer jacket. Ridiculous. I'm slim with tits, I dress the best I can.

With stuff like this it just means i have to put my foot in people's asses a lot more at work. I'm on the defence.

Just the way it is m'love. The women are probably jealous of your figure and the men are probably jealous they can't get some. Just rock on and love yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lewif002
I was going to say try mixing up the dress sense but you just covered that yourself. Just make sure you have no 'lady parts' on show. I don't know, it's difficult, a young, attractive women is always going to be idealised by men, and unfortunately for you, not in a professional way. Just dress well, don't wear excessive make up and be professional.

Most of all... Enjoy it! Lol. In 10 years time you'll be asking where all the time & attention went as the new, young girl starts work so you may as well embrace it whilst you have it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks. I do those things already.

I'm not going to enjoy it as if it is a compliment. My mother is still head-turning and glamourous in her late 40s so I imagine I have a long time of this feeling to come. Unless I go back to heroin and **** my body up, like mummy dear always tells me!
thanks. I do those things already.

I'm not going to enjoy it as if it is a compliment. My mother is still head-turning and glamourous in her late 40s so I imagine I have a long time of this feeling to come. Unless I go back to heroin and **** my body up, like mummy dear always tells me!

Haha don't do that, just turn a blind eye to it as much as possible. You'll have to try to get on with your own life and block the haters :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
No. Why would having big boobs and a slim body make someone a bimbo? I would judge them on how good they were at their job.
Reply 10
Original post by keturah
No. Why would having big boobs and a slim body make someone a bimbo? I would judge them on how good they were at their job.

I know right. And I really don't think anyone is jealous they are beautiful and diverse. I feel like it's a pounce on any potential weakness thing - I make TV appearances and I guess they think that makes me vain.
It would depend what you were wearing, how much make up you had on and what you said. I can't really talk to people for no reason, I don't enjoy it.
"Look at me! look at me! everyone at my job envies me because i'm good looking! look at me!"
Well, what else would expect in this day and age OP?
If you're a reasonably attractive female and you decide to wear clothes that flatter your figure, then expect the focus to invariably be on your appearance.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm going to need pictures in order to answer this question properly....
Reply 15
Unfortunately most people (including myself) will judge you because humans find beauty an attractive trait -- I probably would also judge you unfairly that based on your looks you had got where you go to through looks rather than hard work, this is not based on the truth of whether you did nor not but because it's a view society drills into us from the young age (men are always worthy of their position, women sleep their way up to the top etc). That being said, I remember at uni seeing on of my friends for the first time being an absolute blonde bombshell and she was also really ditzy (so think most stereotypes here) but she was one of the most intelligent people I know and now 7 years on she is happily married and earning £50k+/year in an accounting job so just ignore these people - you can succeed without them :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by quads1992
"Look at me! look at me! everyone at my job envies me because i'm good looking! look at me!"

You can kiss my ass. I don't feel very secure in myself and it took years to shake off the bullying when I was a skinny kid, then the bullying when I gained weight, and then facing my ravaged heroin-addicted face in the mirror before I could begin to accept that I get attention because other people find me attractive.

Besides I already said I didn't think it was envy because the women are beautiful and diverse.

How about you try working every job being treated like an incompetent airhead before you've even opened your mouth and come back to me. I didn't say this was the worst problem in the world, but it effects and depresses me so why shouldn't I post about it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Serano
Unfortunately most people (including myself) will judge you because humans find beauty an attractive trait -- I probably would also judge you unfairly that based on your looks you had got where you go to through looks rather than hard work, this is not based on the truth of whether you did nor not but because it's a view society drills into us from the young age (men are always worthy of their position, women sleep their way up to the top etc). That being said, I remember at uni seeing on of my friends for the first time being an absolute blonde bombshell and she was also really ditzy (so think most stereotypes here) but she was one of the most intelligent people I know and now 7 years on she is happily married and earning £50k+/year in an accounting job so just ignore these people - you can succeed without them :smile:

Thanks. I have also been subject to rumours that I slept my way here. Thanks for your honest words.
Reply 18
Original post by Mr Black Magic
Well, what else would expect in this day and age OP?
If you're a reasonably attractive female and you decide to wear clothes that flatter your figure, then expect the focus to invariably be on your appearance.

What do I expect? To be treated like a skilled professional, which I am.
Reply 19
Original post by quads1992

How could I even be bragging or saying look at me, none of you know what i look like. Ignorant little ****er.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending