The Student Room Group

Do universities look at your fourth AS grade?

Hi, I have just done most of my AS exams and I feel like I'm going to get a C for Econ:frown: but at the same time I am going to drop it next year...if my other grades come out as ABC and say if I got a C in Maths, and I'm retaking one of the modules(C2), would I get disadvantage from retaking AND getting a bad grade in that fourth AS grade(econ) which im not going to continue next year? thanks.
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Hi, I have just done most of my AS exams and I feel like I'm going to get a C for Econ:frown: but at the same time I am going to drop it next year...if my other grades come out as ABC and say if I got a C in Maths, and I'm retaking one of the modules(C2), would I get disadvantage from retaking AND getting a bad grade in that fourth AS grade(econ) which im not going to continue next year? thanks.

I am in year13 and I know a person who didn't do very well in her fourth AS. Whilst most universities only ask for three ASs and then one AS which you get at least an E, if its on the paper, they still see it.

It is not like they cover it and pretend that it isn't there. It isn't supposed to make a difference if they only request three, but if someone else had the same grades but got a better grade in their fourth AS then you be the judge.
Original post by subject1
I am in year13 and I know a person who didn't do very well in her fourth AS. Whilst most universities only ask for three ASs and then one AS which you get at least an E, if its on the paper, they still see it.

It is not like they cover it and pretend that it isn't there. It isn't supposed to make a difference if they only request three, but if someone else had the same grades but got a better grade in their fourth AS then you be the judge.

also do you know if I could NOT include some GCSE grades that I did badly in?
also do you know if I could NOT include some GCSE grades that I did badly in?

Technically you are supposed to, and in the UCAS declaration it says that you have put ALL of your qualifications or something. However, I remember like tons of people forgot to put in the RS short course or Duke of Edinburgh award.

You probably would get away with it, but if the university checks and that the GCSE is important to them, then you might get in trouble. But if its just some random GCSE e.g. French gcse when u want to do Maths then you might be ok.
Original post by subject1
Technically you are supposed to, and in the UCAS declaration it says that you have put ALL of your qualifications or something. However, I remember like tons of people forgot to put in the RS short course or Duke of Edinburgh award.

You probably would get away with it, but if the university checks and that the GCSE is important to them, then you might get in trouble. But if its just some random GCSE e.g. French gcse when u want to do Maths then you might be ok.

Thank you so much for the information!!!x one last question if you dont mind me asking..
Let's say IF i got ABCc in my AS..and im predicted AAB for my A2 and the course requirement is at least AAB..do you think its possible for unis with requirement like this to give offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for the information!!!x one last question if you dont mind me asking..
Let's say IF i got ABCc in my AS..and im predicted AAB for my A2 and the course requirement is at least AAB..do you think its possible for unis with requirement like this to give offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Predictions are supposed to be based on your AS. If your teachers move two of your subjects up a grade AND you also have that c an AAB university is risky.

If you get ABC, your teacher should really predict you ABC or max ABB .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending