The Student Room Group

Maths IGCSE Edexcel Paper 3H

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by neutraltones
It was meant to be 3H... The easy one. The whole N = 2^22 - 1 was utterly stupid and was not very logical to find out really

I didn't get it either but what you had to do was put 2^22 into your calculator, then press SHIFT + FACT on your calculator. This will give you three prime factors. One you leave on its own, and the other two you times together to give you your two results which multiply to give 2^22
Reply 21
Original post by BlackLocust
The answer had to equal 2^22-1, so the answer can only be 2047*2049.

The problem is with the brackets (2^10+1)(2^12-1) is that the answer isn't correct at least that is what me and my friends think, becuase the 2^10 and 2^12 don't cancel out. It helps to thing of it as a difference of two sqares if that helps.

****.....haha I spent too long on that one!
Reply 22
Original post by 123uk
i didn't get it either but what you had to do was put 2^22 into your calculator, then press shift + fact on your calculator. This will give you three prime factors. One you leave on its own, and the other two you times together to give you your two results which multiply to give 2^22

omg i love u so much i never knew about fact on the calc!!!!
Original post by 123UK
I didn't get it either but what you had to do was put 2^22 into your calculator, then press SHIFT + FACT on your calculator. This will give you three prime factors. One you leave on its own, and the other two you times together to give you your two results which multiply to give 2^22

... but you needed 2^22-1... Although you couldve done the same i guess on this

part a) "factorise a^2-b^2" was the hint
i found the paper gooood!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Lmao if anyone wanted something to cheer them up :h:

http://youtu.be/7BbkkBLjNjo
Reply 26
hopefully the boundary's will be low!!
Reply 27
Original post by Yuuchin1
lol we even had the same letters- its 0.980 tho cos its 3sf

i got that too
Reply 28
Original post by Tanzi_a
Lmao if anyone wanted something to cheer them up :h:

http://youtu.be/7BbkkBLjNjo

Can't believe they still make these! Hahaha
Reply 29
What was the answer and working to the last question and how many marks was it
Original post by 0mm0
What was the answer and working to the last question and how many marks was it

it was 4 marks. missed it out so sorry :frown:
Reply 31
Anyone else know
Reply 32
Original post by 0mm0
Anyone else know

Ah yeah it was a vector question. I think I got both but I forgot the answers, sorry!
Something along the lines of -a + 3b or something like that sorry don't rember the question :P
I got 3a+3b then 2a-4b (all underlined ofcourse)
Reply 34
Original post by Yuuchin1
I got 3a+3b then 2a-4b (all underlined ofcourse)

I don't even remember the question but I think I got something like that :smile:
Dalit...
Original post by janster111
Ah yeah it was a vector question. I think I got both but I forgot the answers, sorry!
Something along the lines of -a + 3b or something like that sorry don't rember the question :P

I don't even know, all i saw was steam being let off down your end
Reply 37
[QUOTE=TømBrøm;56095649]I don't even know, all i saw was steam being let off down your end

Ah the main man him self hahaha. Mate I was laying it in my seat hahaha
Reply 38
Original post by tømbrøm
dalit...

loooooool
Original post by janster111
Ah the main man him self hahaha. Mate I was laying it in my seat hahaha

I saw you on that shiznay and saw you head bobbling up and down busting out some vectors. That queen mary scale model thing = that was b=O+2L+O/CKs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending