The Student Room Group

OCR biology f211- 21st may 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xin Xang
Same. I'm not really disappointed because I know that any extra revision wouldn't have made much difference. The 4-8 marks I lost were simply because I didn't figure it out.

Literally same hahah
And does anyone know where to get the predicted paper for f3212
Original post by Qaiys
So ya gunna tell me or nah?

I might if you answer my question.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
I might if you answer my question.

Obviously I did the paper? -___-
Tbh the question on components of a plasma membrane should've been the 5 marker... Would have made more sense. Hope I get 5/5 for writing all that i could right... #5lines
3 mark for plasma membrane thing wtf
Original post by Qaiys
Obviously I did the paper? -___-

Hehehe :wink: Lol I talked about the squamous epithelium being thin providing a short diffusion pathway. Also, I mentioned the fact that alveoli are found in their millions in the lungs so they provide a large surface area for diffusion. I also mentioned the elastic fibres which allow more air into the alveoli and recoil to help expel air.
Hehehe :wink: Lol I talked about the squamous epithelium being thin providing a short diffusion pathway. Also, I mentioned the fact that alveoli are found in their millions in the lungs so they provide a large surface area for diffusion. I also mentioned the elastic fibres which allow more air into the alveoli and recoil to help expel air.

I see I see, pretty much same apart from elastic fibres. I guess there's a mark for QWC anyway. Was surfactant even relevant I've read that in a couple of past papers? XD XD
Original post by Qaiys
I see I see, pretty much same apart from elastic fibres. I guess there's a mark for QWC anyway. Was surfactant even relevant I've read that in a couple of past papers? XD XD

Yeah surfactant is good too
Could you put cambium?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah surfactant is good too

Mentioned that as well anyway D;
Don't think grade boundaries will be high, most high rollers that knew their **** were probably caught out by subtle marks. At one point I don't even thinks 1 or 2 question were specified to be relevent to the spec but we'll see...

Could be 48 for an A or 40....
Original post by Clarkey00
Could you put cambium?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ended up putting cambium. I hope either cambium or meristemic tissue is fine D:
Reply 53
Original post by Richpeasant
I just feel there wasn't much to distinguish between an A grade student and a C grade student, i normally do well on the harder questions and worse on the easier ones, since it was full of 'easy' questions i probably did bad haha.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, but I guess all we can do now is cross out fingers and wait for august! :P
Reply 54
I put 13 and 0.5.

I put that too! Do you know if that is right?
Reply 55
Original post by Qaiys
What exactly did you put for this? I got many alveoli for large SA and squamous meaning it's thin so short diffusion barrier, then a mark for QWC and didn't know what else to write because it was specifically about the surface?

I put lots of alveoli and folded walls for large SA, squamous and one cell thick walls for shirt diffusion distance, elastic fibres to allow the alveoli to recoil and expel air - ventilation to maintain the diffusion gradient, and also lots of capillaries on the surface of the alveoli so good blood supply maintains the diffusion gradient :smile:
Original post by Laurie_
I put that too! Do you know if that is right?

Nope but I hope it is.
Reply 57
Original post by MaddimB
I put lots of alveoli and folded walls for large SA, squamous and one cell thick walls for shirt diffusion distance, elastic fibres to allow the alveoli to recoil and expel air - ventilation to maintain the diffusion gradient, and also lots of capillaries on the surface of the alveoli so good blood supply maintains the diffusion gradient :smile:

Oh and also that the lining of the alveoli is moist (surfactant?)
Reply 58
Nope but I hope it is.

Haha me too (obviously) hope the grade boundaries aren't too high...
Such a bizarre paper :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending