The Student Room Group

For men is sex just physical to you?

Scroll to see replies

For me, it's both.

and that changes depending on my mood and who I'm having sex with at the time.
Original post by Anonymous
I have read and been told a lot that sex is just physical for a guy? ( like physical enjoyment.)

So I want to ask to guys this;

If your in a relationship ( long term.)- 1st question - is it more the just physical for you? ( I'm talking about when you love your partner.)

2. Short term relationship- is it or not?

Girls- what do you think of a all this? Do you have these thoughts that mabye for your boyfriend sex is only physical and not emotional ( like love. Care etc.) ??

?

In my previous (and first) long-term relationship I was absolutely in love with my partner and to me our sexual connection was a powerful and precious thing to be preserved (boy did I get a rude awakening). As an expression of our love, and as a very passionate activity in which we frequently engaged, it held emotional fulfilment for both of us in addition to physical enjoyment.

I've never had a short-term relationship but I would imagine in those cases, generally speaking, the physical enjoyment matters a bit more than any emotional attachment. I have mind-blowing orgasms but I value companionship more than sex so for me it would be a balance of the two.
Reply 22
Of course it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone who has sex does it for more than one reason.

Reproduction (m/f couples only!), relational, and/or recreational (what you're calling 'just physical') are the big three, but there are loads more.
Whatever. I don't see the point in ONS no matter what sex you are. And who says women "love and care" when they're having sex? Who says men don't?
I have read and been told a lot that sex is just physical for a guy? ( like physical enjoyment.)

So I want to ask to guys this;

If your in a relationship ( long term.)- 1st question - is it more the just physical for you? ( I'm talking about when you love your partner.)

2. Short term relationship- is it or not?

Girls- what do you think of a all this? Do you have these thoughts that mabye for your boyfriend sex is only physical and not emotional ( like love. Care etc.) ??

?

There are evolutionary drives towards different views on sex by males and females. Since males are driven to impregnate as many females as possible, emotional attachments tend to be useless while for females, since you have to get stuck with a male's offspring, it makes more sense to try to establish a relationship (i.e. an emotional attachment) to a male so as to increase your chances of your offspring survival. This has shaped the way males and females see sex.
Original post by The Marshall
For me, having never done it....I'd treat it more as an emotional bonding. Coming from me that is, but mainly its about having trust and love. I'd rather do that then rely on psychical because its get boring and deprives so much(I've learnt this from past exp) I'd find it connecting as long as we both have fun :smile:, its much much better than having it every single day because that's not achieving much. Having the right mix of love, trust, and fun, and moderate, is more than enough for me.

What past experience? The one you don't have?
How would you know that they have detached emotion from sex? Been with my bf a while now? *Seems like it's emotional ( as well as physical.) ???:smile: thanks for the reply!!

Seems to you.
Thanks for the reply! 😄 I get that what you mean just wondering if my Boyfreind is the same...

Chances are that he is the same even if he says otherwise. That's the evolution of sexual reproduction for you.
Sex with randoms can be good, or awful. Sex with a long-term gf can be amazing, or bad. But at least randoms you can just next instantly, gf's are a little less convenient to be rid of.
Original post by ArundelRanger
In my previous (and first) long-term relationship I was absolutely in love with my partner and to me our sexual connection was a powerful and precious thing to be preserved (boy did I get a rude awakening). As an expression of our love, and as a very passionate activity in which we frequently engaged, it held emotional fulfilment for both of us in addition to physical enjoyment.

I've never had a short-term relationship but I would imagine in those cases, generally speaking, the physical enjoyment matters a bit more than any emotional attachment. I have mind-blowing orgasms but I value companionship more than sex so for me it would be a balance of the two.

Your assumption.
this thread is so moist loool
Original post by unprinted
Everyone who has sex does it for more than one reason.

Reproduction (m/f couples only!), relational, and/or recreational (what you're calling 'just physical') are the big three, but there are loads more.

Of course. a) sex in exchange of money (prostitution), b) non-consensual rape as a sort of protocol of victory in war (war rape), c) sex in exchange of commodities (forgot the name of this one).
I've heard rumors of a cult in my town which performs acts of carnal pleasure and perversion to honour Aphrodite. Is it true? No idea!
Original post by Juichiro
What past experience? The one you don't have?

Deleted post.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=rat poison;56083677]Whatever. I don't see the point in ONS no matter what sex you are. And who says women "love and care" when they're having sex? Who says men don't?

I never said they didn't or did and I didn't even mention women as my question was directed to women? But no women don't have to and men don't have to I was just wondering as I have read a lot of things that say that ^
[QUOTE=Juichiro;56087615]Seems to you.

What do you mean ?
Reply 37
I'm in a long term relationship with my girlfriend. Sex to me is much more than just physical interaction, it is a very special and loving event that should serve both parties' pleasures. The man should love the woman equally at this time. Their bond should be strong and their emotions should run high.
Nah sometimes it gets real emotional like this one time I cried afterwards
Reply 39
Hi, I'm female but I just want to add it can be the same for males and females. Like mentioned above it's both physical and emotional for some people, sometimes more physical sometimes more emotional. For me personally, it's both. Maybe if i'm in a more 'fun' mood it's more physical, or sometimes if i'm feeling particularly 'loved up' it's more emotional.
I don't know if you feel insecure about this? Or you're just curious, but there's no black and white answer.
If your boyfriend cares and values you, it doesn't matter if he sees sex as less emotional than you, as long as he understands and you understand. Just make sure you tell him what you wouldn't be happy with. Why don't you ask him this forum question yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending